• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mcquiods!!!

City_Slicker

Went up to McQuiods for the weekend. And got a great deal buy one day get the second free for mentchinig this website. Ice House was AWSOME!!!! Fishing was slow. We Caught 9 jumbo perch couple of little walleye and I caught my first Eel Pout!!!! Ice was very was 13 inches. I recommend McQuiods if you want to stay in a great ice house.

City Slicker

Of all the houses that Mcquoids have out already, how are they performing,(catching fish). Am looking at renting one in the weeks ahead. Thanks.
A

Well I guess we did the best. It has been real slow on the lake. But the houses are so nice and we brought plenty of beer to kill the time..LOL. Mcquiods is a top notch place.

My wife and I took advantage of the fishingminnesota.com special at McQuoids this last weekend. It should be no big surprise to anyone that the bite was pretty much non-existant. The big excitement for us was the 32+ inch Northern we had up to the hole, but he broke the line before I could grab him.

As far as the accomodations...the BEST I've ever seen. The fish house was fantastic! Insulated walls, double insulated roof, double paned windows, accurate thermostat, clean and efficient porta-potty, radio, TV. The only thing missing was fish! And that was not their fault...or mine!

Aaron and Steve (and all the gals at the motel) were as nice and as helpful as could be. When the bite comes back, do not hesitate to book with McQuoids. We will! A class act all the way!

Spydie

Nice to hear good things about Mcquiods. How deep are the houses in? Did you have cameras,seeing fish. Our group is booked for the third weekend in Jan, can't wait. We have been going up for the last 6 years. Treated terribly by Myr Mar for 4 years ,,tried twin pines,waste of money. Couldn't keep the chili in the pan on the stove due to the "caved in" floor. Figured to drive a little less and maybe have a better time.

After jan. 1st the deal last the remainder of the winter, but it's for Monday thru thursday I believe and must be a 24 hour rental before the 2nd day is free. Rentals are 150 to 850 bucks a night if I remember correctly.

amery: our house was in about 17-18 feet, over sand. It was one of the closer in houses, but I don't know if that means it was one of the shallower ones or not.

Ice Hole: I believe the "buy 24 hrs, get 24 hrs free" special runs through the season, but is now limited to weekdays.

We had a Aqua view and we could see schools of Perch going through and a really big eel pout.. Hey Spydie I was up there too this weekend. I think our house was 13.

Well, me n 10 guys are goin up there during the 1st week of jan. I am goin to McQuoids I guess! Sounds like a good joint, and if that deal is still good...yay! one more day of fishin. We are goin up during the week, and were planning on renting 2 days anyways.

This topic is music to my ears! I'm taking 3 guys from work out in one of McQuoid's "executive" 8-holers in 2 weeks. None of them has ever fished through the ice, and one of them has never fished...period! At least the accomodations sound inviting. Hopefully we'll hook into an 'eye or 6, but if nothing else, we should limit out on the bottle bass!

Remember to bring your grill. There is nothing like fishing and grilling at the same time. Especially when you are doing it on the ice.
A

Our group had 2 Dads and 4 girls ages 13,11,10 & 9 went up Friday till sunday. We talked to Aaron and he even upgraded our house at no cost. Fishing wasn't real hot, but we ended up with a dozen nice perch and 1 eye released at 21 1/2". We were in 13 feet and I noticed on the vex when somebody shut the door or made a lot of noise the fish would scatter. If we really tried I think we could have done even better, but the girls had a blast which was the goal for the weekend.

Was out on sunday out of Mac's Twin Bay. I was in about 18 feet of water and caught a few perch (NO SIZE! only about 6 inches) I moved to about 25 feet and could have stayed there all day and cought small perch however had to head home. I have a perm up there and plan on hitting the lake EVERY Weekend so I will be posting more!
DNR stopped by when I was in the portable and stated that people were catching ALOT of fish (perch and eyes!) up in the shallows (10 feet) all over Rocks, NOT GRAVEL though which is what I was over. Jiggin fat heads! Plan on hitting the lake with some fat heads and sit over some rocks in 7-10 feet of water and see what happens. Look forward to reading the postings from this weekend to see what others have done!

Also check the Fishing reports forum. This Forum appears to be more for talking about McQuiods
Charles

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-30-2002).]

Hey guys, I dont' get to check out Mille Lacs too much, however went through McQuiods Dec 27th-29th we stayed in #36(I believe) a great big 14 holer, with bunks for 9 guys.
The fishing was slow, very slow.....however those eelpout at 3:30 a.m. and a fishouse full of beer filled guys, did manage to be a crazy combination!
As far as the houses go, they were THE BEST I HAVE EVER FISHED OUT OF.
As far as size, comfort, and warmth! We will be usuing McQuiods exclusively on Mille Lacs from now on! Go with them, you won't regret it!