• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Monday 1st time Mania

Tonka Boy

Captain,

I was up last weekend out of Jerry Brandt's. The ice was pretty chopped up for at least 1 mile out. My buddy and I were able to walk out past the rough ice (Center bar), but had no luck...and the walk was TOUGH. You may want to check with some of the resorts along the Western or Northern ends of the lake. One note though, I did find huge schools of perch in 10-12' of water. My guess is that the 'eyes can't be too far behind?? Don't think you have to go deep just because everyone else is. Ice varied greatly...3" to well past the reach of my agar!

------------------
Tonka Boy

Tonka Boy- When you were out, where were most of the people going out to, the deeper or shallow water?

Captain, the bite is slow all over the lake. Perhaps it will improve this weekend but I have not heard anything good and the past two weekends we were out it was not at all productive. The ice should still be 8" in most area's.

Tonka Boy, If your agar is that short you should'nt be sticking it in the hole or you might freeze the rest of it off. grin.gif

NEED HELP!

Bringing my brother up to Mille Lac's for the first time 12/23 and wondering where to go out of. Also wondering where we should be trying to locate these fish...names of flats, reefs, or depths. We don't have ATV or snowmobile so will be walking.
I know the bite has been slow and am expecting that.
Wondering what time bait stores open up in the area because I would like to get the morning bite if possible.
I appreciate all the help everyone and hope to hear from you.

Brandon