• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

New to the LaKe?

Hello, I am new to Mille Lacs and have never fished it before. I am planing on coming up on the weekend of the 21st of December and will probably be coming out of McQoids on the south end of the lake. I was wondering if anyone had any advise as to where I should fish, what depths, and what kinds of lures.

rmh2o

I use a jigging spoon with a minnow head on one rod and the other rod I use a slip bobber with a red or chartreus or orange hook and a bead or 2 as far as location the resort should be able to help you out, im not sure on ice conditions there

IceEyes

Jigging spoons are good for morning and evening walleye bite and small jigging spoons work well on perch during the day...if you find the right size of perch. Jig 'em and get some flashing to attract the fish over. Tip 'em with the head of a minnow or even load them up with wax worms or wigglers...and try rocking the spoon on the bottom and working it up to 3 to 4 ft. off bottom. You can use 2 lines so I'd rig the other rod as a deadstick with minnow, or bobber with minnow, or set out a tip up. Try a glow hook or glow jig to help as an attractant at night. McQuoids should be able to help you out. Also right near is Johnson's portside and they have a good selection of bait and tackle and may be some advice on fish movement and location that would help you out. Good Luck!

Thanks guys for the advice, I will try it out and tell you how I did next week. THANKS!