• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mpls_ham

Anglers Inn

mpls_ham

I heard he sold it. Anyone have info on this?

mudman

I hear that it hasn't sold nor will it be opperational this winter, on the same note lakeside sold and so did Izatys. Izatys is going to be more fishing related and lakeside is getting torn down and their going to build condos, hunters point is taking up their winter lake space, so now hunters runs up to agate bay.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Pat McGraw
      outdoor1,   My experience has been that this approach works all the way through October.
    • gimruis
      That's quite the mixed bag!
    • gimruis
      I'm one of those every Tom, Dick, and Harry's.  And I can tell you with 100% positivity that I'm not out there making noise, stinking up the woods, or pushing everything off its normal pattern.  You just generalized every gun hunter into the same group, including me.  I don't make noise, I cover up my scent, and I don't leave my stand at lunch time to go in and push everything off its normal pattern, Wanderer.  Yes, I know hunters like that too but most of the hunters I know aren't like that.  In fact, very few are.  And I can tell you that there are some idiot archery hunters because I know them.  They sling arrows around at 50 yards trying to down deer without practicing which is completely preposterous.   I think what Fins n Feathers is trying to say that technology has advanced our sport to be more efficient.  I do agree that the younger generation is definitely more lazy and less devoted, not only in hunting/fishing but in life generally (that's another topic for another day).  I for one would like to use something more efficient.  If it results in a higher kill rate, better accuracy, and less wounded deer, I'm for it.  If you don't want to use it, then don't.  If you don't want to fish with 10 inch high definition sonar and GPS screens in your boat, then don't.  But just because someone else is using technology to be more efficient doesn't mean its illegal or unethical.  His example of an open sighted 30-30 versus a 300 scoped mag is a great example.    
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I appreciate all your input. I went to Mills yesterday as their starting to put some stuff out. Looked at the hard side gun case and yep I like the protection and price but it’s very big for me I think. I then looked at the clam single sided locker I liked the xtra storage. But your still having to stack rods and it’s not really that rigid. Most of my broken rods came from rods being tangled and stacked and not from being crushed. That being said they had the frabil rod safe. I really liked this one but only downside is it doesn’t hold in line reels that well as it’s not tall enough. So I think I’m going to end up going with a hard sided case. Looking at either the otter, scheels case or similar. If I ever want to buy A TUCR I need something to really protect my setups. I’ll jusg ah e to deal with brining a small tackle bag for tackle and extra stuff. I did look at the flambeau box Rick mentioned and I liked the size and extra storage but it would be a tight fit in my flip over if it would even fit. Anyone have have any experience with the otter or similar hard sided style cases? The scheels case says it’ll hold 4-8 but the otter only 4. Even though it’s bigger I think it would hold 8 no problem.
    • leech~~
      Dang, pulled the battery and put her in storage just last week or that sounds like fun. With all this wet weather it has really put me behind on getting all the fall chores done before hunting season and the winter hits and I need get the sled and ice stuff ready.  I had breakfast at Our Place just this morning coming down from Ely and was thinking of all the rides I have done in that area the last few years.  Lets try to set up a ride-trout outing next spring. 🙂
    • eyeguy 54
      River??  
    • leech~~
      Holy craap. You have one heck of a Duck blind out there! 😅
    • FishinCT
      Fishing Friday and Saturday was a dramatic shift. Seems the west wind got them going. Found a reef on Friday that was loaded up with fish and they were hungry. Fished it for a few hours before losing the battle to the cold. 3 pig smallies up top in 18-20 feet, 3 keeper walleyes between 16-18" and one 25" on the sides of the reef to the transition in 24-30 feet, and 2 jumbos off the transition in the mud at 32 feet. Also lost a BIG fish--the kind that your heart sinks when it comes off the line.    Saturday was more of the same. Biting a little lighter but we managed 6 walleyes from 15-19" in between the rain and getting blown off the lake. Could've easily limited if not for some "miscues"   Did try a little bit of trolling close to dark but only picked up a small muskie. Lots of guys out trolling all weekend but I'm not sure if they were going for walleyes or muskies. Interested to know if anyone on here was one of those guys and will give a report.    Wish I was starting my trip now instead of sitting at home. I think this is going to be a phenomenal week of fishing now that the weather is going to stabilize and warm up. Best of luck to everyone the rest of the year and stay safe. Saw some of the biggest waves I've seen on vermilion with the wind last week. Can get hairy pretty quickly out there
    • Wanderer
      We saw some late birds today also in west central MN.  The beans looked horrible and most corn was still in.  In 2 hours of driving I only saw three corn fields being combined each way.   We saw birds and got some roosters.  About 30% mature to 70% juveniles, not counting those late birds that didn’t fly well.  Birds seemed really jumpy today - odd for opener.  Flushing wild like late season.   Man, my pheasant legs ain’t what they used ta be! 😨
    • outdoor1
      I was wondering if raps at 2 mph would work now. Will the fish still chase them down when the water temps are in the low 40s?