• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
woodman

Ice Fishing first timer

woodman

We are planning a trip there also this winter, so any info on packages would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Woodman

fishin4alivin-
I dont think your going to have enough ice bye the 12-1 to get a fish house out but when you do make that trip I always have good luck jiging with a swedish pimple and the head of a minow. There a lot of ways to bring the fish up through the ice you just got to find out what is working that day. Bring a little of everything. Good luck!

That part of the lake can freeze fast, its hard tp say if you will have ice. You may want to have a back up weekend in mind. The fist ice in a rental house is the best. Your best bite for Walleyes will be dusk and dawn. But last year there was a good bite well into the night. The most popular way to fish is with a dead stick(bobber minnow) or with jigging with spoons or jigging raps. I suggest a glow spoon like the Scenic Tackle Glow Devil or a Rapala jigging rap. Orange,Red and Glow are good colors. Good jigs to use with a bobber rig is a Demon glow jig or colored plain hooks.

Perch will bite throughout the day, use small spoons and jigs tipped with small minnows and maggots.

Fishing packages can be seen on the resort pages here.

Good Luck Be safe and see ya on the ice

D-man

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

Hey guys I am looking at renting a shack and going ice fishing for the first time on the big pond on 12/01. First of all is there going to be enough ice to rent a house? Second is that I have never ice fished Mille Lacs before and would love any advice on tackle, technique, location or any other advice that may make my trip enjoyable. I am thinking of renting a shack from Scenic Bay, any word on their services?