• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Report

Hey guys a friend and I are looking at making one last run to the pond on Friday. Going out of the SE. Just wondering what size cranks and what color seem to be working the best? Any particular area working better? Any info would be nice since we probably will only be there for the day/eve. Thanks for the info

SLOW is the key. Anything over 1.0 mph = no fish. I know from very recent experience.

TL

Has anyone been catching fish off Maz. Pt., Andersons or Indian Pt. using the super slow system? When I was out last Thursday evening, I was trolling around 1.5 mph using the same colors as described plus many more with no success. Maybe that extra .5 mph turned the fish off I guess.

Houseboat,
I was out last night around Indian PT and got into them. They are there just need to get them to bite. Slow is the key. Lund Explorer is right

Fishin4aLivin,
Use Firetiger or clown jerk baits. If there is some moon light breaking through go with the clown. If there is more cloud cover go with the Firetiger. The fish are out there but you need to give them what you want.
I was out last night and got some fish by making sweeps with my rod and letting the bait suspend in the water. The fish are very fat and are not willing to work too hard to get the bait. Be slow and persistent.

Alphid,
I usually fish from before suset into the evening. Sometime between 10 p.m. and midnight typically, depending on the bite. Is this covering the time that you have been getting fish?

fishing is still awsome, and you should make it out if you can. It is much better then a few weeks ago, they are now stacked up in the shallows thick, really thick and very large.

Hey guys thanks alot for all the info. My friend and I are going up on Sunday and will go home Tuesday morning. Keep me updated this weekend and good luck to all!!!

We are still getting up there in the boat until the ice forms. Thanks for the updates everyone. We have tied into a few during the daylight hours as long as it's cloudy. Sounds like the night bite is the better bet right now. See you on the water.

Fished most of the night Sunday and caught 1 northern (31"). I'm thinking we should have gone slower than 1.5 MPH, because the 'eyes weren't interested. SLOW is essential!

------------------
Tonka Boy

Are the shallow fish being caught closer to dusk or more late night into the wee hours? I'm going up tonight to give it a try.

Does anyon know if any of the resorts are still renting boats? My friend says that he doesn't feel like getting his boat out again. I am buying a boat this winter, any suggestions? (I do prefer a Merc. on the back). Thanks!

I have only really fished for these in the night hours and therefore have only that opinion to offer. I have been catching them on Firetiger and clown jerk baits. slow is the key. I am going to be out there tonight. I let everyone know how we do.

I fished last night until 10:00 p.m. catching (2) decent fish, a 27 1/2" and 25". I caught them on the shallow rocks using a Lazer Perch Super Rogue and a Holographic Rebel Minnow. It was cold and icy, but even one fish would've made it worth while. I'll probably try again this weekend.

HouseBoat,
Must of just missed you yesterday. Went out last night and started fishing aroung 7:30. Caught about 10 fish. Nothing of to really brag about, except a couple of eaters, which was nice.
We caught them on FireTiger in about 7-9 feet of water. We were basically trolling about 1 mph or so with rod sweeps every so often. The fish hit the bait pretty hard but after a little bit they stopped fighting and just felt like dead weight.
We got off the water around 11:30 or so because it was getting pretty cold. I am thinking about maybe getting out there this weekend, possible Sunday, if the weather is half way decent and wind is minimal.
If you can bear the cold wind and your rod tips freezing up you should be able to do well. Does anyone know anything that could prevent your tackle from freezing? We tried Silicon and it worked for a little bit.
Let me know how everyone does.

Alphid,
Here's my e-mail _______________, drop me a line. I curious as to where you were fishing.

[This message has been edited by Houseboat (edited 11-01-2002).]

Hammer em, my e-mail is acting up so I don't know if you got my email. I would like to know what kind of a boat you have. Can you post some details for me? While I am in the buying mood. Does anyone know of anything on Mille Lacs that is for sale? Looking for a summer cabin, nothing fancy. Thanks for the help.