• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

SOUTH/EAST FISHING

CAMOMAN

Will be up this weekend to fix up the ice house a bit before it gets too cold. Planning on putting the boat in the water for a while too. Will likely be during the day mostly with possibility of a little night fishing for one night. What is recommended during the day/evening? Will be near Brandts during the day and Hunters Point overnight. Lindy rig or Bobber fish during the day? Sloppy Joes or 5 mile? etc.

Thanks - Camo

Camoman,

Sounds pretty much like what I'll be doing. We're going to be at Brandt's working on our ice house also. We plan to bring the boat and do strictly night fishing. If you have a chance, stop by the ice house during the day. We'll be all the way in the back of the lot towards the pine trees (tan sided house with truck/boat combo in front). Hopefully we can exchange info...or at least stop and have a beer.

------------------
Tonka Boy

Tonka Boy -
We will likely be repairing the ice house sometime Saturday. Dont know yet if we are heading up Friday night or Sat morning. We will be at one of the first houses as you enter the storage lot. (The 8x12 Camo house - imagine that...) Swing by if you see us or we will look on the end for you.
Good Luck

Was on Mille Lacs last weekend, caught 4 fish Thursday night and was blown off Fri and Sat. Poblably could have toughed it out but after golfing 18 holes and the fact the Twins were on TV, well, let's just say I wussed out. One thing I did notice however was the fish were in towards shore, not on the reef's. Caught nothing on the reef's and caught the 4 trolling just off shore. I would suggest you start trolling off shore before heading out to the reef's.

FishNChester. Fished the east side and stayed in about 6 - 10 ft. Number 9 Rap with a 1/4 oz split shot about 3 feet up the line. Try to keep your speed to under 1.5 mph.
Forgot to mention, I was anywhere from 10 - 30 yards from shore.
Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Kidd (edited 10-18-2002).]