• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Team Otter

First Full Moon

Team Otter

How many people are headed up next weekend for the full moon night bite? Where does everybody generally start fishing? I was thinking of starting to work the area from Wealthwood to The Red Door.

bigeyes

There will be a pretty big crowd on the 21st, most people work some form of shallow rocks, almost everybody works the shallows. There are also a lot of people that work the north end, but the weeds can be pesky. All major points will be crowded as well as the off shore reefs. Maybe slim pickings this fall if the bit doesn't get going though? What do you think Derek is the bit getting any better last couple of days?

Still slow. Should be good next Friday,Saturday and Sunday nights. The pigs come in with water temps around 44-46, prime temp for tullibee spawn. Still early right now.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

Team Otter

Are you saying there are a lot of weeds in the Wealthwood to The Red Door area? What areas do you guys recommend without giving out your honey holes?

bigeyes

I only hope there are a few tulibee left in the lake. Some of the cummunity spots to get you started are big pt, indian, hunters, as for reefs thats hennepin, 3 mile, the groups out of lakeside, and out of myr mar. Derek, I imagine your out guiding, but if not maybe we could do a little fishing next friday the 18th. Good Luck

Team Otter

The reason I was going to start in the Wealthwood area is because of a few conversations I had with an experienced tourney fisherman while staying at The Red Door this past summer. I hope this was legitimate info. What do you guys think?

shadrapla

i will be there on sat night till monday night so i will fishing eastside from big point to wealthwood

shadrapla

i will be there on sat night till monday night so i will fishing eastside from big point to wealthwood

By this time every year I have had my fill of Mille Lacs. I know I am missing some of the best action on the lake but the fire in the fire place somehow seems much more appealing.

Schnauzer

Yes, you are missing the BEST fishing of the year (normally).

This year seems to be an aboration - maybe payback for the HOT May-July bite. But, even if this fall is a bit "off", overall the fall crank bite on Mille Lacs has been good enough for me to hang up my duck call.

Mykal

Gotta try though! We will be up Monday night for sure. Hope those water temps drop.

Mykal

This week should be the tell tale sign, if the water temps hit the mid forties and we start seeing tullibee heading for the shallows. It still might take a few days of stable water temps to bring them in. Last year I had my best outing in November, but last year of course was much different than this year.

Schnauzer

I'll be trolling myself into a frenzy starting Friday night through Tuesday night. I hope to get something going and find some walleyes over those 5 nights. I'm nervous, based on the bad reports I keep hearing.