• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Judd

Ice house Johns (crappers, toilets...)

Judd

This is my 2nd year with a permanent house on Mille Lacs (8x16). Last year I used a 5 gallon bucket with a garbage bag liner, tied up the bag, let it freeze and then stuck it in a heavy duty garbage bag for disposal. Just curious on any more innovative approaches to the call of nature.

Well........ I have sometimes used a one man. If you're lucky it'll sink. There's only one problem with this.... You have to know who your true buddies are. On one occasion I was in the makeshift pooper, And my buddy thought it would be humorous to pull the sled around. Talk about being caught with your pants down. There I was going for ride with my drawers at my ankles and all of the by-standers watching and wondering why there was a guy hollering in the one man being pulled around. Now I make sure i've got a good distance between us. That way I'll have everything tucked away before he gets there. Of course pay back is a son of a gun. Instead of pulling him around, I just flipped the top.....The moon was out a little early that day.

Sounds like quite an event.

I put together a kit to use on the ice when old Ma' Nature calls. Pretty simple, trash bag in a 5 gallon bucket, some paperwork of course, and just let it freeze and take it home in the back of the pickup.

When ya got to go, it just really doesn't seem to matter how elaborate the facilities are.

Kevin

Skeets

Amen.

Just take your S*** with you!

A buddy of mine had a present on the floor of his house a few years ago...someone had to make a real A** hole of themself...! shocked.gif

Nuff said! smile.gif

Just out of pure curiousity,...Do you remember where his house was?

Most all of the resorts I fish out of have public restrooms ranging from heated flush toilets and showers to just plain old out houses, but in a pinch a plastic bucket lined with a plastic trash bag works just fine. Just remember to take it home with you when you leave the lake, there is way too much crap left on the lake to suit most of us.

Skeets

I believe it was on Brown's or Eden Lake.

Can't remember for sure.

Skeets

Yep, I believe so.

Are you known for leaving presents or what?

No, Its definitly not me. Or any of my buddies, But I do know exactly who did it if your buddy wants some serious revenge.

Skeets

I believe you Big Guns.

This is in the way past, so lets leave it there.

People should really think before they do something so stupid.

His names mark and I haven't seen him since I met him out on eden. He came out with a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while. Windier than heck that day. So hes lookin and can't hold it. Never said anything to the guy. I was only foolin about payback, but you gotta admit it would be pretty **** funny to give him a big steamer on his door step.

Grabs

Two years ago I bought the Luggable Loo from Fleet Farm for $10, its a 5 gallon bucket with a snap on toilet seat. We just put a small garbage bag inside of it and off you go! Sure beats digging a hole in the snow bank, and it makes it really easy to help keep the lake clean. Just toss the bag on the ice to freeze and then throw it out once you get to shore. I am pretty sure FF still has these, well worth the $10 and really makes it a lot easier than the chemical toilets since these have to be emptied and the chemicals tend to freeze.

Good luck in your selection!

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 10-06-2002).]