• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bigeyes

Fishing weekend 9/27

bigeyes

Well did anybody make it out for the weekend? I made it out friday, but as far as the fishing goes, well the weather was nice anyways. Surprised how few boats were out that night, although most of them stuck with it and were still out at 2:00 when I left. Finished out with just 3, talked to a few others that didn't do any better, I was fishing the sw end 5-8 feet. Hope others had more luck.

MJR

We ended up with 1 slot and had about a 26+ next to the boat and lost it. We caught Smallmouth like crazy right before dark, three double headers and 7 or 8 others. Pretty cloudy and no moon was what I blamed the slow night of fishing on not sure if that was it or if it was our lack of experience.

TRZ

i had about the same luck. fished all day friday and nailed smallies, probably got 40 between 2 of us, 2 were over 20'. only 7 walleye entire weekend, one was 27'. still very slow fished rock and weeds, weeds seem to be better still? got more rock bass than walleye on rocks at night? did get 3 eyes in slot while smallie fishing.

potto

sad weekend....we fished 4 boats ...7 people...
fished Friday from 10:30pm-2:30am
fished Saturday from 8am-8:30pm

1 northern
3 walleye(1slot...one 20")

it was slow...we tried everything

fished Indian Point, Sherman's Point and 7 mile flat

not the Mille Lacs I once knew earlier this year

------------------
Anglin' Freak

Tim L

hey TRZ thought you might want to know the smallmouth fishing is closed from sept 9, 2002 throught the end of the season all smallmouth taken must be immediately returned to the water. might want to edit your post. good fishin Tim

bigeyes

D-man, I was not up on Sat, I looked for you Friday though? On Sat. had a Wedding and reception. I thought about cuting out early to make it back up, but with the slow fishing, I decided to save that chip for another day. I will pull it out soon! Still hearing decent reports from your area, but won't make it back up until sometime late next week. Good luck.

AWH

Smallmouth fishing isn't closed, you can still fish for them. It's just 100% catch and release right now.

TRZ

before you bad mouth people you should know the rules. the season is catch an release, i don't think anyone would question a quick measurement. and if not i could estimate within an inch anyway! i never keep any bass anywhere and would never fish for anything out of season. pulling smallies out of shallow water in the fall probably has little to non-existant hooking mortality especially methods i use.