• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Off trail travel banned until Oct 1

It turns out that Off Trail travel has been banned until Oct 1 for bear hunting, stand making, and baiting. This information is on the last page of the 2003 Bear hunting booklet. After reading this new reg, I'm having second thoughts about spending money on that bear tag.

I used a friends ATV a few times last year and I'll admit it does make the job easier, but I didn't find it to be a necessity.

Not hunt?? that seems a bit drastic.

Hunting is work period. Friends of mine and I have shot bears where a 4 wheeler wont even go. You should have never applied then.. Bear hunting is the hardest of all the hunting or trapping I do.

Protrapper,

Not everybody is as rugged as you. If I do bait this year, I will keep the bait to light weight stuff (no more apples), as I tend to go a little deeper into the woods than most hunters. If I don't bait, would you like to do a stalk and shoot?

I agree with you Protrapper, too many people use motorized equipment for hunting and fishing. It takes a lot of the work out of it and thus the satisfaction. Does anyone ever brag that they drove fifty miles on their fourwheeler and got their limit of grouse? I hope not. If your not in shape, get in shape, if your disabled, get a permit, if your lazy, get out of the woods and watch hunting and fishing on tv.
Just my self important opinionated ramblings.

------------------
Erik