• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Panfish and This Weekend?

Wow~Labor Day weekend already! Summer's gone by so fast, next thing we know we'll be getting the ice fishing gear ready. So who's all going to be fishing in the great up north this weekend?

Around here panfishing and bass fishing has been the thing the past week, with limits coming through of sunnies & gills that are in the 3/4 to 1 pound range and bass fishing has been doing well too. Mostly the smaller area lakes are being hit, some folks heading to Upper Red with some catching several crappies by the cribs and others finding it slow, so no real pattern. Blackduck Lake has been pretty quiet with just a boat or two out when we've driven by there..but it's been so hot out~fortunately that'll change as this weekend is showin highs in the low 60's for the weekend!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Hey Drake... I figured y'all must be either buried in chores or trying to to stay cool tha past week...BD forum's been pretty quiet lately ! wink.gif

I hope to be in God's country Thursday night til Monday. If the better half and I get out for a drive we'll stop by and say hi.
I haven't wet a line for a couple weeks but last time up we had great luck on the crappies in 8-12 ft with a white twister tail and a red/pink jig head. Hopefully we can find 'em again !
And some sunnys would be nice for the table ! This might be the weekend for a wall hanger pumpkin seed ! grin.gif ahhhh....I can dream can't I ?!......(:

Hope you have a great weekend !! be safe !
Twitter

Hey Twitter~Those chores keep getting in the way lately smile.gif Oh well, got one room all done and started tearing down a wall in the other..just keep reminding ourselves everything will be all done by late fall fishing and deer hunting and no chores stand in the way of ice fishing!

Good luck on the crappies~hit Red the weekend before last and it was slow go, but then the folks the next day did well (naturally!). Just talked to a couple who were pretty excited about the fish they caught today, think the word for the gills were giganteri??~~think that's a word for big as they were pounders, so hopefully you'll find a wall mounter this weekend!

Pop in if you folks have a chance..otherwise look forward to your post after the long weekend~~Have a great one!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Hey Folks how did the weekend fishing go? Saw Indiana Mike's post, Twitter?

Around here the winds didn't help much on Friday and Saturday, had some folks who headed up to Red but had a hard time as they said there were 3' rollers, wind had the water rolling around and kicking up stuff on Round Lake and also a hard time on Island so the fishing was slow there.

For folks hitting the smaller, more protected lakes off the Scenic panfish continued to be very productive with the sunnies and gills.

We decided to take some time off and hit Blackduck Saturday afternoon, but when we tried starting the boat the motor didn't cooperate so with the winds we just did some trolling north of the access. Plenty of fish were scanning in the 11-15 foot depths of water, but all that we caught was a small walleye~leeches weren't in our arsenal. (The strong perch hatch this year affected the summer bite, but now the smaller ones are biting so hopefully the fall fishing will produce the larger ones.) Had some of our guests that went out in the late morning hours and they had caught some jumbo sunfish.

Gotta get the motor fixed as we were looking at last years fall fishing pictures grin.gif

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

What a BEAUTIFUL weekend !!! smile.gif
Well alright....maybe the fishing wasn't the greatest, but the weather (and the fact that we didn't have any kids with grin.gif )sure made for a relaxing weekend. We caught a couple meals of sunnies, but most were small....in fact we were out of live bait by Sunday so I let the better half finish the worms and I targeted bass and pike with spinners. Caught at least a dozen pike, with the 3 largest over 8 lbs. I did catch 1 crappie.....about 4" long grin.gif
Anyone else see the perfect rainbow after the short rainstorm Friday afternoon/night? Jill got a great picture of it over the lake.
Saw a bunch of people fishing from the bridge on Dora on Saturday, on the way to Squaw Lake for dinner. Anyone know if they were catching anything ?? I've always wondered how the heck they'd get a big fish up to the bridge from that far down. they must be using 40# test....
Well...gotta get to work.....hopefully the boys and I will make it up in the next week or 2 to get some wood cut and split before deer season....and then.....ice...

[This message has been edited by Twitter (edited 09-02-2003).]

Good to hear that you had some fish fry's! Sorry to see that the wall mounter wasn't in your post smile.gif Had a couple in the cleanin room last night that had a sunny that weighed in at 1.4 (out of Blackduck Lake), that would've been a nice one for the wall. Fishing yesterday went well for another group that stayed an extra day, they caught a nice mix of sunnies, a few crappies, some northerns, bass (some were in the 3-4 pound range) and a couple of walleyes...gotta get that motor fixed.
Hey when you come back up to do your wood cuttin your going to have to bring your fishing gear with, fall fishing is pretty good up here! (Dora Lake is still producing some panfish and a few eyes off the bridge, but not like it does in May and early June). What do we have, about 100 days until ice fishing grin.gif

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

grin.gif 108 days until the first "planned" trip to LOW for first ice walleyes. Earlier if the ice cooperates sooner wink.gif
With any luck.....URL will be in the weekend plans too !!