• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Luck to all who are deer hunting this season. PLEASE if you got a doe license, USE IT!!

Good Luck,
Woodman

Woodman~Are you going to be out looking for the 30 pointer this weekend? We won't be out hunting this weekend, but will be keeping an eye out as the trucks pull up and the deer get placed in the deer room. Hope that all who go hunting have good luck~let us know how you do smile.gif

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

I'll be up by LOW for deer opener. Our party has always hunted zone 2 up there and my land by Island Lake is zone 1 so I don't get to hunt by my cabin, which makes my neighbor happy. Good luck Woodman and everyone else. Have a fun and safe hunt.
FIVEBUCKS

Is there any snow on the ground in Blackduck? We are heading up Thursday afternoon and I can't wait. We saw hundreds of deer around the area this summer.

Two more days to wait. I know I won't get anything done tomorrow. According to the weather channel we have a chance at snow on Sunday; one can alway hope right. I haven't heard but are there going to be "dancers" at Funkley this year?

Well, we got 1 deer (8pt buck) for 12 hunters. How'd the rest of you do near Blackduck?

Flashman,
Did you see the male dancers in Funkley again this year? Fold a few dollars? wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Perch Jerker (edited 11-11-2002).]

We went 4 for 7 with two does, a 6 pointer and a really nice 8 pointer. We only saw 6 deer all weekend though, a little disappointing after a 7 for 7 last year. We thought the numbers were up. The weather did not help on Saturday morning.

We saw six deer hanging in the deer room this weekend. A father/son team had a doe and an 8 pointer, another group of 8 had a spike buck and three doe. Just talked to another one of our hunters and in their group of three people they got a spike buck on opening day...we'll see how everyone does this week.

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

I saw a nice 6 pointer all weekend, but he was a running and a snorting at me. No does to fill my tag with. Hopefully next weekend.

Woodman

hey everyone, our party got 2 spikes, one doe, a 175lb 6 pointer, and a 185lb 9 pointer. Hunting was a little slow for our party this year too. This is the first year that I didn't even see a doe. I had deer walking around me and a buck scrapping a deer right behind me, but he wouldn't come out. Oh well, maybe this weekend.
good luck

------------------
Kupcho's Guide Service
Upper Red, Winnie, Blackduck Area
http://fishingminnesota.com/blackduck/
Phone:(651) 426-1545
E-mail: [email protected]

Deer Hunting at the Hanson Shack in Northome was pretty busy with the neighbors bucks. They got a spike, 5 pointer, 2 eights, and two 10 pointers. One of the 10's was over 200 lbs. Nick head mount for the happy hunter. As for the Hanson Team we only saw one for all of us. I guess I was the lucky one to see that one and only deer.

It snowed this morning so that may help us out this weekend.

Good luck to all and keep the posts.

Woodman

PJ,

although Funkley is only a couple of miles from our cabin I never made it to the place all weekend. We did alright hunting, 11 deer for 16 hunters; no big bucks though. One small 9 pointer and a spike, 3 fawns and the rest were does. We filled most of the management tags, hopefully the snow will help out this weekend. Good luck to all and safe hunting.

So did anyone make it out deer hunting the last few days? We saw a few come through this way ranging from a 8 pointer down to a couple of really large does. One of the fellas said that he noticed the last couple of days where they were the deer were on the move and they spotted quite a few more and thought it was going to kick in pretty good..if the weather doesn't mess em up.

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Hunted Sat all day and managed to shoot what I thought was a large Doe early morning, but when I got up to it, it turned out to be a little uck with broken off antlers. O'well one for the freezer. That is all that was shot out of the Hanson shack this weekend. The wife missed a couple of doe's, I have to get her to shoot more often to get used to the gun. I think BICK FEVER set in. That is Hunting!! cool.gif

Woodman

This report isn't from the Blackduck area but I ussually post here. We hunted up by LOW and had one of our best years, 9 for 11 tags. We had a 3 pt, 2 - 5 pt., 5 - 8 pt. (one was big), and I took top honors with a nice mature 10 pt., which is now at the taxidermist. Usually I see only a handful of deer each season with 1-2 opportunities but I finally figured out this one area after 3 years and had the best opening morning of 22 years of deer hunting. Within the first 1 1/2 hours I saw 3 bucks and 4 does and one of the bucks was BIGGGGG but I couldn't get a clean shot at him - next year. I ended up seeing about 12 deer from that stand alone. That was sure fun. I feel real fortunate cause visiting other camps we didn't see that many deer taken. I guess it was our year. This was our 5 year aniversary of the five of us buying our land and I was wishing out loud to the boys that I wanted a 5x5. Things seemed to go in fives as the first deer taken was a 5 pt., the name of our camp is "Five Bucks Lodge", I got a 5x5, and I actually could have shot 5 bucks this year. This one will go down in our history book. I hope everyone had an enjoyable hunt and good luck to the last few days of zone 1 hunters.

Well I finally filled my tag. I shot a mature 9 pointer on saturday at 12:00. I think I'm bringing it to the taxidermist as well.
Just letting everyone know.

------------------
Kupcho's Guide Service
Upper Red, Winnie, Blackduck Area
http://fishingminnesota.com/blackduck/
Phone:(651) 426-1545
E-mail: [email protected]