• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey all,
Going to give Blackduck a shot for the first time. Might be on her Thursday evening, Friday or Saturday.

Anyword on the landing yet?

Hey Drake, looks like we will finally get to meet!

Jim W

kupcho,

Hey thanks for the info! I've never been on Blackduck before, are there other landings?

Thanks again! If you over there and see me give a holler! Light Blue Chevy, pulling a Dark Green Rebel.

LAter

Jim W

Hey there Jim! One of our guests said that they finished paving the landing yesterday...I didn't get the chance to go check it out (busy painting..think my priorities are off), but I will today.

The walleye bite on Blackduck has been good the last few days, with it being an afternoon bite rather than an early evening bite, using anything from Shad Raps to Little Joes topped with a night crawler.

There were five of us that hit Pimushe on Sunday and the fishing there was slow, just a few small northerns were caught. But the water was pretty clear and the water temps were high. A variety of presentations were tried, as well as bobber fishing and trolling. Talked to some folks at the landing who left when we did who fish Pimushe every year at this time. They said it was unusually slow for them too, as they just caught a couple of small northerns and a couple of nice perch.

One of our friends went to Upper Red on Thursday and did really well doing catch and release of some really nice northerns, so if you get a chance to head up that way when you're here might be worth the trip.

Look forward to meeting you this weekend!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Took a spin over to Blackduck and the lot is blacktopped, but it is marked off at the entrance. Called to find out what the scoop is and they said that the bottom coat is on and they are going to keep it closed until Thursday when they will do another coat and have it open for the weekend.

IF they don't get to do another coat on Thursday they will still open the lot up for the weekend fishing and finish it next week. Sounds like a good incentive for me to finish that room remodeling before the weekend grin.gif

So Jim, if you want to hit the access before then there are a couple of the resorts that are allowing folks to access at their place with access fees of about $3.

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Drake (edited 08-27-2002).]

Drake, I'll be hitting Black Duck Thursday evening or Sometime between Friday and Saturday.
I guess it all depends on my "pass" and when I am allowed to hit the water!!!HEHEHE

By the sounds of it, looks like my best bet would be to hit it Friday, giving the last coat to dry.

Are you guys on the way to the lake? I have to make sure I stop in and say hello.

Take care and thanks for the info.

PS Any recommendations for bait stores in the area?(Bemidji?)

Jim W

Jim~Yep, we're on your way to Blackduck, about 1.5 miles away. We are at the intersection of 71 (from Bemidji) and 30 (where you will turn to go to Blackduck Lake). One side of us is the City Wayside Park and the other side of us is The Pond (bar/grille) and the grocery store.

For bait, right across the street from us is Texaco (Timberline Sports) and you can get bait there.

See you when you get your "pass" grin.gif

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Jim, I am going to try make it out to Blackduck on thursday night too. I will be driving a red and white chevy with a slyvan eliminator.
See you on the water.

Jason

------------------
Kupcho's Guide Service
Upper Red, Winnie, Blackduck Area
http://fishingminnesota.com/blackduck/
Phone:(651) 426-1545
E-mail: [email protected]

Kupcho,

Sorry I didn't see your post until after the fact. My wife and I fished from about 4 blush.gifopm-7:00pm.
I hope you had better luck then we? We managed 1 walleye a 11 inch perch and three "bite-offs" from some hungry "jacks"!
Let's just say I received a goose egg and my fishing wife Susie taught me a lesson!

We switched between minnows on rigs and crawlers on rigs. Both received action! We worked shallow and deep. These were self made spinner rigs. The best for our short outing was a chrome blade with green beads

Drake, thanks for the shallow bite idea! That is where our only walleye came from. In about 8 feet. In and around the weeds, just North of the landing!
By the way the landing was open as of yesterday afternoon.

NIce meeting you two(DRAKE)! I hope the mad labor day rush doesn't keep you off the water?

Good luck all. Now I am trying to decide where to fish tonight???

Any suggestions? I'll be in Bemidji tonight and tomorrow.

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

Jim, give me a call at 759-1986. I had guide trips on Bemidji this week and will put ya on em!!

[This message has been edited by Fishin'Bemidji (edited 08-30-2002).]

Hey Jim, I didn't get out there until a little after 7pm. I caught 4 walleyes. And a few were off of the landing there. They weren't biting very hard. But they were hitting fat raps in the shad color. This time of year I like trolling with crankbaits. Fish are more aggressive than they seem.
Good luck if you go to bemidji. Talk to fishin bemidji too. He knows his stuff.
Good luck.

------------------
Kupcho's Guide Service
Upper Red, Winnie, Blackduck Area
http://fishingminnesota.com/blackduck/
Phone:(651) 426-1545
E-mail: [email protected]

Hey Jim! It was nice meeting you and Susie...we figured since we didn't see you after fishing that you two didn't limit out. Sounds like the rain we had on Wednesday did have an effect on the bite Thursday.

We finished up our remodeling this morning so hopefully we will be able to hit the Duck this weekend. Since the bites were better last weekend with minnows and crawlers on Little Joes verses the shad raps that'll probably what we'll try again...and you know the area we'll be hitting!

Good luck on Bemidji..give Chris a call (Fishin' Bemidji) and he'll get you onto the fish, heard the bite was going pretty good there the last few days!

Hope to see ya again soon!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]