• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Blackduck and Gilstad Fishing/Blackduck Lake Access

Just got a really good report from Blackduck and Gilstad Lakes. Blackduck Lake was: "We were bobber fishing with leeches and chartreuse hooks on center bar in twelve feet. The evening bite was fabulous with four to six fish per person being caught in roughly two hours." Although this is the time of year when Blackduck is normally slow it's still going very well. The late start to the fishing season due to the cold temps this spring have extended the early summer fishing.

And Gilstad: "an afternoon on Gilstad and caught LOTS of 9-13" crappies as
well as many bonus gills in the 8" range. Don't know how many we caught because we didn't keep any of them, but we conducted an experiment to see how many we could catch in five minutes. We boated an average of ten fish each!!" This seems to be the 'norm' for Gilstad as we have had good luck everytime we have been out there, keeping some but doing catch and release of many more.

As you may have heard, Blackduck's lake access is going to be improved. Looks like the access will be closed for about two weeks...the paving of both lots will be done during this time. Parking will be improved (more spaces), curbs will be put in and striping for parking will be completed.

Additional lighting will be added, a 44' floating dock (6'wide) will be added, and the access will now have double ramps. The work is tentatively set to begin on July 22nd and should be complete by 8/14 at the latest. The access will be closed for most of this period. They want to get it all done and updated in time for the great fall walleye fishing on Blackduck! We are trying to find out information on alternative boat launching that may be available for that time period.

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Drake (edited 07-19-2002).]

Drake- any info on access yet? Tiff and I fished Blackduck tonight and caught 11 walleyes and kept 10. The access will be nice with it all new and hopefully they will dig out more where the boats go in. Well keep me posted if you know of any resorts that have a launch.
Happy Fishin

Woodman

Hey Woodman! As of last Wednesday they were still talking about closing the access tomorrow (Monday) to begin work. They said they chose this time of year because fishing is slow LOL! Sounds like it was great for you tonight! I will find out in the morning what the latest is on the access...but it sounds like it's going to be worth the shutdown for a bit for the improvements!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

I have to agree with Drake, fished Gilstad Lake this weekend and did very well on Crappies just casting or trolling beetle spins along the weed edges. Now I have to wait two more weeks to to get back up there.

Just took a spin down to Blackduck Lake and it looks like they have started the work. The dock is now out and the equipment is sitting in the parking log..the access is closed. Working on getting info on any possible alternatives for docking the boat.

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]