• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I know it's not known for it's walleyes but has anyone heard if they are catching them in there? (South Twin) I've been pretty busy this spring and haven't had a chance to get out much, just around the metro area and I'm dying to scratch that itch. This weekend I'll be heading up to the Blackduck area and I've always wanted to try South Twin for eyes. Last spring before season while trying for some crappies I saw a 27inch plus dead 'eye in shallow water. I was just wondering if anyone has tried for them out there? If so I'm open to suggestions.

I plan on hitting Blackduck lake but was thinking about someplace different and possible away from the crowd. I fished Blackduck numerous times last year and did very well. I haven't had the oppertunity to fish as much as last season and I'd just as soon avoid over crowding if I can find fish else where. Have you heard how the walleye bite has been on Shallow pond this year? That's another lake I haven't fished in a while. I don't know if they've improved the landing there but it used to be really tough to get any size boat in it. I'm heading up there late Thursday night and I'm hoping to fish a couple different of my favorite lakes over the weekend. I'm already getting excited, it's going to be a long short week for me.

Flashman, South Twin is a fairly good fishing lake. Walleyes are the hardest fish to find in that lake. The farthest bay from the landing is where I used to catch some walleyes. Not in great numbers, but good size. Plus the Northerns, and panfish are very abundant in both North and South twin.
I haven't fished South Twin this year yet, But that is what was happening last year.
I like to stay away from the crowds as well, But on Blackduck, you can catch a lot of walleyes away from the crowds.
Good Luck if you head to South Twin.

------------------
Kupcho's Guide Service
Upper Red, Winnie, Blackduck Area
http://fishingminnesota.com/blackduck/
Phone:(651) 426-1545
E-mail: [email protected]

I drove by the launch ramp at Shallow Pond on the morning of 6/15. It looked like it was in good condition. No ruts and water right up to the ramp. I can't tell you about depth or fishing conditions.

I've always wanted to put my canoe in and try Shallow Pond. It has a good reputation for walleye early in the season.

Good Luck,

Indiana Mike

Flashman- If you are heading to Blackduck, you may want to wonder out on Blackduck lake. The reports are lots of fish all day long.

I have not fished South Twin, so sorry no input from me. I may have to try that lake when I find out where it is.

WOodman

Indiana,
My cousin fishes Shallow pond every year and seems to do well, I can't get a hold of him, I guess I'll just have to wait until I get up there to see where he's been fishing.

Thanks everyone

[This message has been edited by Flashman (edited 06-19-2002).]

Flashman what lakes did you hit while you were up this way and how was your fishing? I know that North Twin has produced some nice panfish the past few weeks, but haven't heard anything about South Twin.

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Drake (edited 06-24-2002).]

Drake,
I had a pretty good weekend, fished Pimushe early Friday and did alright, didn't hammer the Walleyes by any means but I did release a 27 incher. We didn't try for panfish on Pimushe but we did catch a bunch of little northerns while going after the 'eyes. Friday evening we hit Blackduck, picked up a few but had to leave just as the sun was setting, my sister inlaw didn't want to spend anymore time in the boat. Saturday we just decided to have a few beverages and watch the rain. Sunday we hit South Twin, didn't manage to pull any 'eyes out but did have some luck when we switched to Bluegills. Nothing really big but we were always busy unhooking fish.

That's a nice size one you released...bout a 7 pounder. Nice to hear that South Twin has turned on for some panfish, it was a little behind North Twin. Sounds like you had a good weekend...that's what it's all about!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]