• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yesterday We headed out to LOW and caught two limits of walleyes with one a client caught which was 7 1/2 pounds. Then we went to Red later that night and caught 30 crappies in 1 hr. I was cleaning fish until 1 oclock last night.
Red was real hot last night for us.
Good luck these warm temps are heating up fishing.

------------------
Kupcho's Guide Service
Upper Red, Winnie, Blackduck Area
http://fishingminnesota.com/blackduck/
Phone:(651) 426-1545
E-mail: [email protected]

Drake,

Thanks for the hospitality. Darn it!!! I knew we should have stayed later on Red and toughed it out grin.gif Guess as it was, the drive home was brutal anyways. Gotta get back up there again really soon.

Too anyone looking for some great crappie action over the next two weeks or so.... Contact the Drake, great place to stay and I would be willing to bet it would be really easy to get Mike (owner) as a personal guide for free. grin.gif

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Hey Paul, at least you guys went home with 20 nice ones. And you know your bet about being easy to get Mike out as a personal guide...no way I would bet against that one grin.gif Ahhh, he has such a TOUGH job! img1.jpg ------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 05-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 05-22-2002).]

Made the first fishing trip to Upper Red since ice out yesterday and what a great day for fishing! There were periods of wind, but when that would die down and the water would get calm the bite would kick in pretty good.

The boat we were in had three of us, of which one had to leave early, and the other boat of folks we were with had two. Got to Red around 9 and off the lake around 5 with each boat bringing back 20 crappies all around a pound each. Quite a few walleyes of various sizes were caught and released also. Did a short jaunt in the river trolling for northerns, but didn't have any luck there. The best ticket for the crappies yesterday was just a plain hook and a minnow, also caught a few using a brownish/red jighead and a minnow.

Anyone else made it up for the crappie or northern fishing yet?

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]