• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

SE MN Grouse

Boyz in the Woods

Has anyone been hunting SE MN grouse?
I walked around a little bit on Saturday but didn't flush any. I did hear a few shots up in the hills.
Does anyone know how the grouse numbers are in the Whitewater area this year?

Less than that of the Turkeys! I don't hunt grouse down south, I go up around Hill city where the population is higher... good luck.

Back in the 80's I used to do pretty well down there. I would walk the edges of the hill tops where the Poplars grow.

I saw and heard alot of grouse in whitewater this spring turkey hunting, so there are birds around. Just don't get in the habbit of chasing grouse up and down those hills it will kill ya and you're lucky if you get one. If you don't shoot them on the first flush keep going, don't chase.

------------------
Shut up and fish!

Thanks for the info. From the deafening roar of silence, it sounds like I will be there all by myself.

That's OK with me.

Boyz