• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
spinach

2nd Annual FM Pheasant Hunt

BDR

Wild Willie-Count me in for 1 and 6 birds. Oh yeah 1 GSP!

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

JR's Tackle
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait

spinach

Wer'e up to 17 hunters, 13 dogs and 77 pheasants.

Please let me know who will be eating lunch so I know how much food to bring.....

Also, a quick reminder of the deposit checks due by 9-01-04

Thanks everyone.....

[This message has been edited by spinach (edited 09-17-2004).]

setterguy

Count me in for one dog (one crabby little setter) and 4 birds. I may have another guy with a dog also. I'll try and nail it down here within a few weeks. If we are looking short of our goal as far as birds go you can count me in for a few more.

Wild Willie

Hey Guys - I'm out...torn ACL, torn MCL and damaged Medial Meniscous. Stupid, stupid, stupid me...I had no business playing basketball. It is going to require surgery. I'm trying to get the procedure done as quickly as I can so my rehab time might be complete enough to get back out in the field by next spring. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. Anyone else go through this? How long did it take to recover? I feel bad for my pup...I was hoping to get him on a lot of birds this year. Maybe I could show up and Spinach, Setterguy or BDR could volunteer to take Buddy out and work him for me. Any thoughts?

spinach

If you were in the NFL you would be back in 2 weeks and listed as probable for next week.

I am sorry to hear that you will miss the event, let alone possibly miss the entire seasons of pheasant, waterfowl deer and golf.

I will volunteer to play twice as much golf and hunt twice as much to make up for you missing out. grin.gif

I'm sure you be able to get out for some fall eye fishing on the big pond.

I was thinking Me and my Brother Jeremy could help you with Buddy so he doesnt lose out too. After all the hard work Buddy does hunt good with Macey.

Mayfly

I will not be bringing a guest. It will be just me and Luci. I saw on an earlier post that you had me down for a guest. I'll take six pheasants all together though. Maybe three in the morning and three in the afternoon. I'm also in for lunch. If I can help or bring anything let me know. Tim 612-414-7952

[This message has been edited by Mayfly (edited 08-06-2004).]

mistermom

Sorry to hear about your misfortune WW. Makes me scared to get out on the court. Its been a while.

Put me down for 6 instead of 4 pheasants please.

gspman maybe I can volunteer my wife to watch your little hummers. I'll check with her. We often have lots of little kids running around and it would be no problem. Let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

mm

gspman

I'm jealous. This sounds like it'll be an absolute riot and unfortunately I'm not likely to be able to participate. The missus is out of town on Oct. 2 so I'm trying to line up a sitter but it doesn't look good. I will definitely sign up if a sitter is procured. Have fun and be safe.
gspman

Mayfly

Lets get this back to the top......

Spinach, How are we looking? Are we going to get enough people?

Wild Willie

My surgery is scheduled for September 14th...don't think two weeks will give me enough time to get out in the field to participate in the hunt...but I will be there...even if I'm in a full body cast laying in the back bed of Spinach's truck.

Esoxmn

I just had ACL repair done in Feb and its still not 100%.

------------------
Why did'nt Noah swat those two mosquitos?

Gary

kpj5br

I do not have a dog, but would love to join in if someone wouldn't mind pairing up.

Wild Willie

Esoxman - how long did it take to get back on your feet? When you say your knee is still not 100% what do you mean...pain, range of motion, stiffness? What exactly did they do and how old are you. My ACL is gone, the Medial Meniscous has a tear and the MCL is torn. It happened two weeks ago and I am doing fine now. The knee is stiff but I am not in any pain. I am doing stretching and strength exercises everyday to get prepared for the post-op rehab. Would you have done the surgery knowing what you know now?

Kpj5br - I'm sure someone in the group would be happy to have you join in the fun...especially if you are generous enough to buy some extra birds for the group.

Esoxmn

Well they did acl thermal shrinkage, also tried to fix a tracking problem, removed cartalage, and smothed out my knee cap. I was on crutches for about a month. I still have the tracking prob, and there is still alot of stiffness. I am 29. yes i would still have it done. i just have different pains now. but havent had it cause me to go down yet. The doc said i have the knee of a 60 year old. so i got that going for me. smile.gif

------------------
Why did'nt Noah swat those two mosquitos?

Gary

[This message has been edited by esoxmn (edited 08-19-2004).]

Flashman

Wild Willie,

I had my acl replaced a couple years ago now. I had it done in aprill an I was canoeing in the BWCA at the end of May. All I can say is do your exercise they give you, stretch it out, it will hurt but you have to do it. I was at the gym on an eliptical running machine two weeks after the procedure, 3 weeks out I was doing a little bit of jogging. I don't normally run just for fun but I need to strengthen the leg. If you keep up with the rehab and stretching you'll be fine, if you don't do the stretching you will take a long time to get back to "normal"

During my rehab I saw people that had the same surgury make little or no progress. I wanted to get back on my feet and get out in the field. work at it and you'll be fine.

Wild Willie

Esoxmn and Flashman - thanks for your input. Sounds like Flashman's situation is not unlike mine. Your recovery sounds as I have it envisioned. I am going to work like heck to get up and out in the field by six weeks. My surgery is Sept 14th so that gets me and Buddy out chasing birds by the end of October or the first week of November.

Esoxmn...sorry to hear about your situation. Sounds like you have the right attitude and who knows what advances will be made in the future regarding corrective and replacement knee surgery. Just got to keep a positive attitude and keep on going.

Snag

Wild Willie,

I did the ACL, MCL, Meniscus trifecta in college. I zigged whe I shoulda zagged. The surgery isn't too bad. I had the Vikings doctor do mine. I was walking pretty good in 4 weeks. It took me about a year to feel normal again. Tylenol 3 was a plus to the whole experience. Have the doctors size you up for a good athletic brace and you should be o.k. for hunting later in the fall.

ATM

KPJ5br, I will be there with my pointer and would definately pair up with you. I missed the last hunt but it sounded like a blast. I am signed up for 5 birds. This will be my pointers second hunting season I can hardly wait. Wild Willie or Spinach also sign me up for the lunch and let me know if there is anything I should bring. Adam

kpj5br

ATM, that's very nice of you, thanks.

I'm more than willing to buy extra birds.

What I'm thinking is I bring myself and guest, and buy 10 birds.

Anyone willing to pair up with my guest?

Thanks

spinach

Allright it seems we are getting close to making our goals.

We currently have 17 hunters, 13 dogs, 77 pheasants.

I would like to see around 5 to 8 more people sign up.

Anyways, I updated the list on page 1. Please verify this is correct. Also another reminder of anyone that would like to order lunch please respond.

So far the lunch list is only, Spinach, Wild Willie, Luke, Jeremy, Chris, benny and guest, ATM, kpj5br and guest,j rookie k, mayfly.
I also would like too see the deposit checks by 9-01-04.

Everyone that has not replied recently please confirm that you are still with us.

Lets all try and find a few more guests to join us.........

[This message has been edited by spinach (edited 09-17-2004).]

spinach

Kpj5br,

You and your guest are very welcome to join us. We have plenty of dogs so far and could use a couple more shooters....

Please reply with a comittment soon.

Thankyou, Spinach......

Benny

I am good to go, also would like lunch(need two lunchs).
Thought I stated that earlier but any way I am a go.
I have one guest so far working on another,with 8 birds

Thanks, benny

[This message has been edited by Benny (edited 08-23-2004).]

kpj5br

Great, then I'm in for 2 people, 10 birds.

Lunch for both, I assume that will be $130 if my math is correct?

Wild Willie

Snags - thanks for the words of encouragement. Kicker is that I am now working hard to get back in shape just in time for post surgery rehab. I'm working on flexibility, strength and cardio now. Surgeon said the stronger I am before the procedure the better. I have let myself go for about 15 years so it feels good to get back in the gym and to get back in shape. Maybe this little knee thing is a blessing in disguise. Oh well can't wait to get this situation behind me and to get back out in the field.

pheasant maniac

that hunt sounds fun hope i can make it.
don't want to commit just yet because it falls on my b-day. keep us informed on the number of sign ups.

thanks pheasant maniac.

J Rookie K

What kind of commitment is needed ? I really want to come, but my work schedule is crazy. I dont know what weekend I have to work until a week before. It looks like Ill have it off, but nothing is for sure. It would be just me and my dog. 6 or 7 birds will do. Let me know, if you can work it out. Thanks, Justan

J Rookie K

To heck with work, Im in ! Plenty of sick days, I think. So Ill take 6 birds, lunch, and my dog is a Chessie, male, 3yrs old. Ill drop a check in the mail tomorrow. Thanks, Justan.

pheasant maniac

could i still get in if i was able to make it to the hunt club that morning? if so i have a male gsp and would like 4 birds.

------------------

Mayfly

Put me down for a lunch also.....

kpj5br

Quick question:

My guest is coming in from out of state. Because this is on a private preserve, does he need to have out of state licensing?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 09-05-2004).]