• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mid September FM hunt on a preserve???

I would like to get an idea as to how many people here would be intrested in a FM members only bird hunt on a local or semi local game preserve ?

I put together a fall launch trip last year, now I thought about a hunt.

Sound off if you would be intrested, if there is aot then I will work on some details.

Benny

I am definately interested this will be my pointers seceond hunting season and I cant wait. I was disappointed I couldnt make the last one sounded like a blast. Adam

I might be interested. I know I have at least one date filled in Sept. Don't have the calendar nearby right now. It'd be a good warm up for my young dog. It'll be her first hunting season this fall.

Benny: I lost your phone numbers and all contact info. I went to the Mermaid that day anyway but never saw you. Were you there? If we cross paths sometime and you still want that pistol, I have it.

As far as the hunt, i'm in. I don't know if you guys are aware, but we did this in the spring. It was a great time! "Wild Willie" has connections at a real nice place. Maybe he is willing to get this going once again. It's only June and I hate to start talking about the fall already, but you can count me in. A morning hunt and an afternoon hunt with a bbq in the middle, sounds like a plan.

Mayfly, yep we waited there from 3:50 till 4:35.I was the little red Mercury tracer and parked right behind the Dodge van that was there for sale.
I saw a couple people drive buy but no one stoped.We then went across the street and had dinner at McD's till about 5PM.
The we had to get going, so we left for home.

I will be working this weekend till noon each day.Could meet you some time after that.

Benny

Mayfly forgot to add that if your friend has contacts that would be great.
I know it is early, just wanted to see how many people would really be intrested before I get any wild hairs again.
The launch trip planning tought me a lot about putting together some thing like this, and it is way to early to start asking for commitments.

Benny

I bet I got there at 4:35! Oh well, my bad.

Have you thought about getting another launch trip together??

I have thought about it a few times, but with my new puppy being trained I have put priority on hunting the Dakota's this year.
We may go out and hunt both states for the early season, but if that doesn't pan out I will look into another launch trip.

It is a little early to plan one yet, not to many people know what they will be doing that far ahead.

The second thought I had was to just have an FM get together up there and every one who wants to show up can just call and make resevations on a weekend most people can make it on.That way if some people can;t make it up ,the person who reserved the launch won't be covering thier fee.

Last year worked out ok, my wife and daughter decided to go out so the extra seats were used any way.

Will let you know when thing start to happen.

Benny

hey benny do you have a preserve in mind if not i have worked at pheasent ridge shooting preserve in cambridge minnesota. i am only 17 years old but if you guys are interested the cost for pheasents is 15 and chukers are 10. he also has a 50 round sporting clay course you can do for 15 dollars it is a blast. he has a nice club house and lots of beer.
well get back to me if interested.

brian

Benny, Me and Wild willie put together a spring pheasant hunt up in Princeton (Glendorado) We had about 30 FM hunters along. Mayfly, BDr, Labs4me, Jeffy045, mistermom, diezel350, setterguy, dancing bear, and about 20 more.

We grilled burgers and had pop and beer also. We made the lunch nice and simple and everything worked out great.

We both would be willing to put something together again if you would like the help.

Pheasants were $12 and chukar were $8. We would have to confirm these prices for the new season though. I belive he will open the preserve towards the end of august, so we would need to give him a date.

We only had one no show and everyone else was there at 9:00 am as they promised.

Let me know what you think, if you have another place in mind count me in anyways.

I attented the last one as well and you could probably count me in for his one as well.

Spinach that sounds good,the preserve I had in mind was GoldMedows up by Cold Spring,MN.
I have been there many times and they have a great operation.But I am not by any means loyal to them as I doubt I could swing ant discounts there.

I think they were in the 15 dollar range for Phesants and no chuckers or qail.
They lost a dog to a shooter shooting a qail while the dog jumped to catch it.
Now they don't have small birds.

I was thinking of a weekend in September,
or go out to mid October, by that time most of the local ducks are gone any way.

Benny

If we can nail down a date I would love to attend. I have a couple out of state grouse hunts this fall so timing would be the only thing keeping me away.

Benny, It looks like we could have another good turnout, It seems the same people that attended the 1st annual Fm pheasant hunt this past spring are allready signing up.

I do not want to step on your toes though so let me know what you need. I suggest one of us posting some kind of invitation with an approximate date and the location of the hunt. As we get enough people to sign up we can set a date and lock in the preserve.

Glendorado Hunting preserve would require an 80 bird minimum to lock up the whole entire 300 acres, so if we can get around 30 hunters that would only be a 3 bird minimum per hunter.

When me and Wild Willie set the last one up we asked for number of hunters along with number and type of dogs. This allowed us to assign groups of pointers and groups of flushing dogs.

By all means, take charge as you have the connections where I don't.

I will be there with my yellow lab!
Hopefully she will be fully trained by then.

Benny

Sounds good Benny, I will talk to Wild Willie tommorrow and we'll start putting this together.

We'll call the owner of the preserve and confirm the prices and find out his schedule.

I will officially post the information soon.

• 1 month later...

Big Roy - check the post topic named 2nd Annual FM Pheasant Hunt. You will find all the latest regarding the event. Looks like we have about 14 hunters signed-up. We could about another 6 to 10 jumping on board in order to secure the entire game farm for the day.