• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hevi-Shot

HateHumminbird

Man do I love this stuff. I've killed a good number of birds with it already, and I think it's got a leg-up on lead.

This year my uncle took a jake at about 15 yards, and I got a good picture of the bird right where it dropped. Now, at 15 yards, a barrel loaded with gravel should do the trick, but I've never seen such a thing, even with other birds killed at close ranges. I'm pretty sure the pics are too graphic to post, but just email me by going back to the main section of the "Pheasant-Turkey-Grouse" forum, and click on my name, under "Moderated by." I'll email them to you if you'd like to see them.

Any other hevi-shot success stories this season? What do you guys use? Does it work better?

Joel

[This message has been edited by jnelson (edited 05-27-2004).]

I used hevi-shot this year and was extremly disappointed in it. while patterning before the season with different choke tubs my old relaiable whinchester load always out preformed the heavi-shot load in my gun. With that said there was still enough pellets in the kill zone that I decided to try it this year. Bad choice,shot at a Tom 25 yards away rolled him over and he got up and started to run away.Followed up with a second shot of 2oz #4 winchesters and droped him in his tracks a 23# 11 1/4 beard 1 1/2" spurs.I know I won't be using hevi-shot again at least with the gun I have now.

This proves what gun and ammo makers have said for years - that each gun has a preferred load, and not all loads will pattern equally well.

I've got a box of Hevi at home, but not tryed any in my gun yet....

UG