• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Decoy Problems

HateHumminbird

I don't use decoys that often, but when I do, I don't want to use the cheapies, as I find them to look completely unbelievable. That's why this year I dropped some money on better Carry-Lites. You can imagine my frustration when they started falling apart and cracking after two uses!

I wrote Carry-Lite and they mentioned they had problems with some of their dekes doing that in the past few years. They agreed to replace them free of charge. I'm happy that at least some outdoors companies stand behind their products, and make it right with the consumer when they get a lemon.

If you have this type of decoy and have had the same problems, I'd suggest writing Carry-Lite. I found their info. through the Carry-Lite website.

Joel

Thanks for the info! I have just had mine for two years now and the jake is already showing bad wear marks in the crease that it gets folded in to.

Thunderchicken:

Mine wouldn't have lasted 1 year at this rate.

deke_damage2.JPG

deke_damage3.JPG

The jake decoy of mine was the one worst affected, just as yours. And, like you said, they're cracking along the fold points.

Joel

• 4 weeks later...

Not that it helps you any but I think you got dekes out of a bad batch. I've have the exact same decoy for about 4 years now. It gets foldedd and unfolded often and it isn't anywhere near that condition. In fact, mine show no signs of wear