• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

want gamebirds 4 dog training

spinach

Does anyone know of any place to buy traning birds 4 dog training in the metro area. Thanks in advance.

Can't remember the number, but as you go north on 35 out of the cities, somewhere before you get to forest lake there is a big sign saying pheasants for sale on a big farm next to the highway. I'll have to write down the number next time, or if anyone else goes that route after reading this they could as well.

There is a big game farm just north of elk river that supplies many of the other game farms with birds. I think it's oakwood or oakcreek. It's on the east side of 169 somewhere around zimmerman. You can't hunt there but you can get birds a lot cheaper then a regular game farm. Chuckers are like $5 not sure about pheasants.

there is a few places in the south metro also go to rj'sroosterranch i think the birds were about 12.00 or so each.the owner there is a super guy to realy into hunting

The place north of Elk River is actually up near Princeton and is called Oakwood. A couple of my son's friends were home on leave from the Marines last week so we decided they needed a strong dose of MN bird hunting before going back. I went up there and got 10 birds to put out to make sure they'd get some good shooting. They get $8 per pheasant and they're not wimpy little things. The quality of the roosters was excellent and they acted alot like wild birds. We had 2 dogs, 3 dads and 2 Marines that were flat wore out by the end. Highly recommend Oakwood's birds for training your dog......