• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big thanks to gspman and Sakman

jascher20

Hey--- who did you get the GSP from.. I lost my 8 yr old GSP over the winter last year and am from the Willmar area.. Thanks for any info..

I'm also curious as to who the breeder is as I'm looking for a GSP next spring and trying to find as many as I can to research.

Thanks

Well my wife and I picked up a GSP this weekend from a breeder in the Willmer area. He was a little older than I wanted(12 weeks), but I absolutely love the dog, couldn't be happier with him. He already loves being around anybody/strangers and visitors that came to play with him. Already likes my wife better then me(darn it!), but he is really good about retriving and coming when called and is fun to watch him find and point the pheasant wings the breeder gave us. His dad is 95 pounds and this one has big paws, the breeder said he is going to be a big boy! Thanks guys for the advice. Anybody know where a guy can get some pen raised pigion/pheasants/quail here in the cities?

Hi guys, I got them from Joe and Shannon. I wish I knew there last name.I will try to find it I also have there # at home so I will grab it when I have a chance. He had 1 other male left from this year(white/liver). If you are a hunter I would suggest this guy all the way. He is a die hard hunter, leases the local low areas from the farmers and hunts/trains dogs. Spends a full month in Kansas hunting quail running his dog 6 days a week. He took me out and showed me the dad hunt for over 2 hours. I was simply shocked at what he could do. Dog never stoped weaving back and forth and never lifted his nose, pointed birds from a long distance and after the bird was shot he would search full speed until he found it. Owner never put on a shock color, said the dog knew his range and knew what to do(he was right!) Joe could point to the right and the dog would go hunt the right side of the field same thing with the left. I don't know what it takes to be a field champ, but Joe showed me the dad has 48 in his line and the mom had 7. I gues his one of his past litters was a Westminster champion. The temperament was also outstanding, could not be more friendly.

For pen raised birds, try calling the Horse & Hunt Club in Prior Lake or the Oakwood Game Farm in Princeton. Another source is the Star Tribune or even the internet. It shouldn't be too hard to locate the critters.

Good luck and enjoy the dog. You won't have any regrets until he chews up his first shoe!!

Congratulations! Sounds like you've found a good litter. To become an AKC Field Champion requires a lot of training, perseverance, a little luck and a talented dog. A FC dog has proven itself in competition with other dogs and will perform consistently and do it with speed and style. To me it's one of the biggest achievements in dog sports.

gspman