• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fathead

Canadian fishing trip??

Fathead

Hello all,

Earlier this year I posted that my partner and I caught 41 eyes on opening day. I was blasted by a couple of individuals that frequent this site. They did not believe my report. I think that most of you who have been up to Mille Lacs this year can attest to the fact that fishing is beyond exceptional. There are multitudes of people catching 30+ fish a day.

At the risk of being ridiculed again, I am posting my report from 6/20. Yesterday my partner backed out at the last minute, and said he was heading up to the pond in his own rig so he could take his uncle. So I was on my own. I was out on the mud and had a canadian-like experience. I boated 65, yes 65 walleyes for the day! This is by far my best day out (for a Minnesota lake) in my entire life. The fishing was almost non-stop the entire day. I had two seperate 1.5 hour periods where the bite was INTENSE. In those two 90 minute periods I boated 25 and 21 fish. It was darn near like sunfishing!

On a seperate note... when I arrived back at the resort to load, a DNR field agent was there checking catches and surveying. I sat and talked to him for awhile. During our conversation, he intimated to me the possibility that the DNR may open the slot in July to include some 20+ inch fish. They are still very interested in Junes catch results, but are(according to his words) very seriously contemplating opening it to a wider slot size. They are seeing through their surveys, what most of you have known for the past 4-5 years. There are a tremendous amount of 20+ inch fish in the lake. This information is now being supported by the tagging program thats underway. So I would encourage everyone to be honest with your reports when the DNR surveys you at the landings, and report those tagged fish.

fathead
congrats on the good fishing day
If you don't mind me asking, I was curious as to which flats you were on