• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Springer Spaniel Stud Dog

Crossin' Eyes

Hello all.
I have a beautiful 4 yr old Male Springer Spaniel with excellent lines and temperament. A pheasant hunting machine that I would like to breed. Looking for pick of the litter in return. Please give me a call or drop me an e-mail if interested.

Mike Lee
715-287-4254
[email protected]

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hey Mike,
would you like to get together with Setter and myself on the weekend of Nov 22nd to chase some NW Iowa birds?

Rick,
I would like that very much. I spend a lot of time in NW Iowa and that will likely be my 3rd trip down. I will write it on my calendar. Let's stay in touch.

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

Hi Mike,
sorry, but I missed your post and arranged for Pete to go with.

I'd still like to get out hunting with you though.

Maybe you, Brian Sanders, and I could do a trip??

Just let me know what dates you are thinking so I can confirm.

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

Hey Crossin,
I'm thinking about a Nov 1 day trip.

Let's see what Brian says and then we can make plans if he can handle it. smile.gif

That's too bad Brian,
that's the only weekend I'll have available.

What do you think Crossin,
shall we do it?

Mike,
what do you say we go out of SW Iowa with that Springer of yours.

Did I tell you I absolutely love Springers. I'm a lab owner now (5 months old).

Do you want me to book a room for us Friday night or would you prefer to do that?

Use the contact us link below if you'd like to e-mail me.

• 2 weeks later...

Rick and Mike.
Are both of you hunting my area the 22nd?What about the 1st,or are you guys going South?
We can hunt rotate the flushers and my setters if you want.It is so fun to watch good springers.You guys take care.Youth season is next week-end already.
Ryan Hale

Is there someone in west-central MN that has a Springer Spaniel stud dog? My friend who lives near Montevideo has a female he would like to breed.

I believe he contacted you, Mike, but I think you live far away? I don't know your location.

• 1 month later...

Hey CD, Sorry I didn't see this post.
Your buddy never contacted me. I don't mind traveling a little if he has a good female. Have him drop me a line at [email protected]

Thanks

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

I've got two excellent Field Bred Springer Stud Dogs available. One is a FC and the other one has placements in a couple field trials. The FC is liver and white and the other one is Black and white. The Black in white is OFA excellent and has clear eyes.

Let me know there is interest in using this dog.

I have a stud dog. I'm looking for a bitch. Sounds funny doesn't it? why would anyone WANT to find a bitch??!!

That does sound funny. But I was referring to the post CD made, referring looking for a stud dog.

I hunted behind this dog this past weekend and can attest to its outstanding ability. This is a dog who's bloodline needs to continue. It truly is a pheasant machine as well as a very friendly companion.
Impressive is an understatement.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• jparrucci
      Very low, probably 2 feet lower than last year at ice out.
    • mbeyer
      what do they look like this spring?
    • SkunkedAgain
      I might have missed a guess, but here are the ones that I noted:   JerkinLips – March 27th, then April 7th Brianf. – March 28th Bobberwatcher – April…. MikeG3Boat – April 10th SkunkedAgain – early April, then April 21st   Definitely a tough year for guesses, as it seemed to be a no-brainer early ice out. Then it got cold and snowed again.
    • mbeyer
      MN DNR posted April 13 as Ice out date for Vermilion
    • Brianf.
      ^^^45 in the morning and 47 in the evening
    • CigarGuy
      👍. What was the water temp in Black Bay? Thanks....
    • Brianf.
      No, that wasn't me.  I drive a 621 Ranger. 
    • CigarGuy
      So, that was you in the camo lund? I'm bummed, I have to head back to the cities tomorrow for a few days, then back up for at least a few weeks. Got the dock in and fired up to get out chasing some crappies till opener!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Lots of ice on the main basin, but it is definitely deteriorating.  Some anglers have been fishing the open water at the mouth of the Rainy River in front of the Lighthouse Gap.  The rest of the basin is still iced over. Pike enthusiasts caught some big pike earlier last week tip up fishing in pre-spawn areas adjacent to traditional spawning areas.  8 - 14' of water using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring has been the ticket.  Ice fishing for all practical purposes is done for the year. The focus for the basin moving forward will be pike transitioning into back bays to spawn,  This is open water fishing and an opportunity available as the pike season is open year round on Lake of the Woods. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. With both the ice fishing and spring fishing on the Rainy River being so good, many are looking forward to the MN Fishing Opener on Saturday, May 11th.  It should be epic. On the Rainy River...  An absolutely incredible week of walleye and sturgeon fishing on the Rain Rainy River.     Walleye anglers, as a rule, caught good numbers of fish and lots of big fish.  This spring was one for the books.   To follow that up, the sturgeon season is currently underway and although every day can be different, many boats have caught 30 - 40 sturgeon in a day!  We have heard of fish measuring into the low 70 inch range.  Lots in the 60 - 70 inch range as well.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  Open water is continuing to expand in areas with current.  The sight of open water simply is wetting the pallet of those eager for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th.   A few locals were on the ice this week, targeting pike.  Some big slimers were iced along with some muskies as well.  If you like fishing for predators, LOW is healthy!  
    • Brianf.
      Early bird gets the worm some say...   I have it on good authority that this very special angler caught no walleyes or muskies and that any panfish caught were released unharmed.        

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.