• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lab School

Reef Runner

Hello to all,
Well my Yellow lab just turned 8 months. He sure has been a great addition to my life. I think it is time to send young Jack to school. I just moved to Cologne. So I am looking for a place near by. He has sit and stay pretty god. He is not so good with come. I would like to find a place that after school I could go shoot some birds with him. I think he could be a great hunter just by some of the things I see him do. So if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate them. Thanks

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

An out of control dog in the field is bad news. Focus on obedience first. Look for an obedience class in your area. It'll teach you on how to train your dog. Or buy a book, Training Your Retriever by James Lamdfree is an excellent book. At 8 months old the dog should have obedience mastered by now. Also I wouldn't shoot any birds over the dog without any retrieving training.
Have you introduced the dog to gun shot?
My advise is to slow down on the hunting and step up the training.
Good Luck

[This message has been edited by Surface Tension (edited 09-02-2003).]

I have been working with Kaos Kennels near Elko and they have been great. I would highly recomend them to any one. Paul and Mandy Meyer ahve done wonders with my Lab.

I've heard there is a good trainer at Major Avenue Hunt Club in Glencoe. He works mainly with labs.