• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Shallow walleye's

Hay all,I' hedding to the big pond tomarrow (fri) and i was just checking ot see if any on is still getting any shallow water eye's?Cause i only have a 14 foot boat with a 20 on it so i don't like to go out that far (mile or so) and i know the fish are almost every where this year but i just wanted to check how you all were doing and a genral area that might be worth fishing...THANKS ALL....

analyzer

If the wind is out of the north, we did real well just going out of that public access east of garrison "wealth-something-or-other" we went out just past the first drop into 20-25' and caught fish everywhere drifting with 6 foot snells and leaches right off the bottom. After 8 at night we did better in shallower water 8-12' off the rocks closer to garrison. We had a 16' bass boat with a 35 merc and had no problems... any size boat would have been fine... but that was sunday evening and the wind was relatively light.

g.

Thanks for the info.i've been out about 5 times and have done really good every time but i was fishing shallow when most of the other boats were fishing deep 20'-25'.Most of the fish that we hav gotten have been in between 18'-11' of water and we have even picked up a few 28" fish but most of them seem to be between 19"-25" rang which to me is fine because i relase 85-95% of my fish.

The spot analyzer mentioned is as good of spot as any for a small boat. It is fairly protected from all sides, except the South. You will get fish there are and there will be other boats in the area.

That is good you release 85-95% of your fish because on Mille Lacs you have to!! grin.gif
ScottS

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Parmer
      It's a small lake. Have ice fished out there in the winter. There is some decent crappies out there.  Never fished in the summer time. I want to say max depth is 25-30.  
    • eyeguy 54
      yep, lotta lead on the sippi from this guy. LOL  sometimes I do a simple drop shot setup. tie a #4 hook on and leave about a foot or less of line. then just pinch the split shot on bottom and jig away. didnt have to tie on so many hooks.  
    • MinnowBuckets
      Nice report! Glad to see there are others still getting out on the river too. I need to get simpler in my presentation and use the fathead/split shot technique more often. I can’t afford to lose 3 swimbaits or rapalas each time out. 😭
    • eyeguy 54
      dont talk yourself out of it. might hit a couple spots again this coming week for fun. Over the years I have had off and on luck till thanksgiving time. Couple pics from this fall.  I just like a fathead on 1/8 oz jig or a plain hook with a split shot. Quite the battle when the 28 inch northern tried to eat the bass. It got stuck on the jig so reeled them both in. Ran into the current two times. Fight city. LOL 
    • MinnowBuckets
      Yeah, I’ve thought of ice fishing below some of the dams in the area, but I always end up talking myself out of it. 
    • Stick in Mud
      I've been doing OK, too.  I dunno how long the bite last. In the old days when we had real, manly winters, we'd whack 'em through the ice down below the Sartell dam, so I imagine they'll keep biting as long as we're willing to tough it out. 
    • MinnowBuckets
      Thanks guys! I wonder how much longer the bite will last with the cold temps this fall. The water is already extremely cold for this time of year. Anyone else have any reports?
    • eyeguy 54
      nice job!  gotta love the fall bite on the sippi. 
    • JeremyCampbell
      Awesome catch MinnowBuckets!!😎
    • tfin
      So Gimruis has a problem with meat hunters on the lake.  Then he should be promoting the use of cameras instead of guns when out hunting birds or animals.  If you want to fish for sport and look down on those that fish for food then go get a hand held fishing game and sit on the shore.  Believing something is the truth doesn't mean that it is.  You can say the lake isn't mismanaged all you want and that the surveys work because the people using them have advanced degrees.  I work for people in construction that have degrees but don't know crap about what actually happens on a construction site.  The worst thing to happen to electricians is schools putting out project management courses.  Now instead of people with practical knowledge running jobs we have people schooled in theory with big ideas and egos to match.  You Gimruis seem to be the same.  Saying that people shouldn't fish for food and saying they are the problem is insanity.  You have no place in this conversation.