• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

new to knife lake

We're planning our first trip to knife lake near mille lacs Sat. What's biting? Any restrictions/length limits, etc.? How is the boat launch on south end? Thanks for any help given...

Hey Twin I used to fish Knife all the time The landing on the south end is the better of the two. As for the fishing I have never fished the walleye in the lake but it does have soem nice bass and northern. If you have any question e-mail me at [email protected] good fishin

Big Fish Hunter

Hey Twin I used to fish Knife all the time The landing on the south end is the better of the two. As for the fishing I have never fished the walleye in the lake but it does have soem nice bass and northern. If you have any question e-mail me at [email protected] good fishin

Big Fish Hunter

vikes40for60

If you want my advice, plan on going to Knife lake and fish Mille Lacs. With fishing this good why go anywhere else?

Thanks for your help. We'll let you know Monday on how we did.

p.s. This is a great site!

HUNTINGBAILEY

I HAVE FISHED KNIFE QUITE A BIT. FROM THE SOUTH LAUNCH (GO TO THE FIRST BAY) ON THE LEFT. THERE IS A SMALL ISLAND ON THE EAST SIDE OF IT ARE A SET OF BUOYS.(SLIP BOBBER AND LEECH)FISH WEEDLINE EDGES. NEXT GO TO THE MAIN BAY OF THE LAKE(TROLL WHITE OR BLUE/CHROME OR CHARTRUSE WALLIE DIVERS. CONCENTRATE IN THE DEEPER WATER 13-15FT. THERE IS A SMALL ISLAND TO THE LEFT ON THE MAIN BAY (10FT OF WATER) TROLL HERE. ALSO
THERE IS A WALLEYE SLOT LIMIT 18"-24" HAS TO GO BACK. NEAR THE OTHER ACCESS THERE IS A BOUY MARKER THE BAR COMES UPTO ABOUT 3-4 FT DEEP (ROCKS). THERE IS ALSO ANOTHER BAR THAT COMES UPTO ABOUT 6FT. (MAIN BAY) ITS ALL SAND,ALOT OF BOATS HANG OUT HERE.

Well, the weather forecast kept us away from Knife lake, but we caught some bass on a local lake and had an 8 lb? northern follow and miss my spinnerbait, so the wekend wasn't a total loss. We'll get up there one of these weekends. Thanks again for your help!

rascalP

Fished Knife a couple of times last year for bass. Early June we rolled quite a few big northerns in the way back bay's - too big to be bass - hooked and lost a nice one. I caught a nice walleye on a spinnerbait in the northwest? corner (with all the bouy's). Thought it was a fluke. A month and a half later I caught a similar size walleye in the same area on a spinnerbait again. Must be a Knife Lake pattern. Fun lake - I will be back.