• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pointer Videos

Markley

I was looking at training videos at cabelas and was wondering which one to get. Has anyone heard of George Hickox or Bob West and how good are they? I have heard of Bob West. There are 2 others but they are only 45 min. while these are 75. The local library has one from Babe Winkelman but I haven't been over there to pick it up. Any suggestions?

There is a series called "training with Terri" throught Bass Pro. I have the pointing dog one and it covers the bases well. I have gone to her training facility for a two day dog/owner training session. She really helped me get my GSP to be a hunting machine. I'm not sure of your thoughts, but she encourages e-collars and I have to say, the way she taught me to use them, they are a wonderful tool. I don't use them as punishment, but instead to keep the dog under "long-distance control" (ie when they chase a deer). They are the same a 100 ft. leash.