• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dogs in North Dakota

LOW Lover

The last two weeks ODN have stated in two articles that our dogs need a check up and a number (which is given to our vets after they call State of ND) from the Animal Board of Health before we bring them into ND to hunt. My vet called up there, and they said they are not enforcing it this year. Any one else hear the same thing?

Any opening day reports?

I have read that too, but haven't contacted my vet, did you get some certificate or something for your dog? Should I do anything? I leave on Thursday to go out.

Thanks

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I would at least get the rabies certificate.

Went through federal game check in Lidgerwood on the way home today and they didn't even ask about the dogs.

I have the vet certificate of vaccinations and check up that I'll bring with me. My brother went to get a check up for his dog at a local big vet clinic and the dog checked out okay and then the vet told him to call in and get the dog registered with ND. From everything I've read, the vet needs to call in! I think the whole thing is confusing!
I will be going up Wednesday morning with what I have with no number from the ND Board of Health.

LOW Lover

Anyone know if they are inforcing the South Dakota law this year. I heard you need some kind of Health card. I called my Vet and she said it would cost 50 bucks. I thought that was a little steep.

North Dakota State Board of Health requires you to have a health certificate for all dogs staying in the state. You obtain this from your vet and it must have a ND state number on the certificate to be valid. So your vet has to call ND to get this number. Certificates are valid for 30 days. Non-compliance is a $5000 fine.

That being said, the ND game and fish officer I spoke with told me that they have NOT been told to enforce this for 2002. He did not want to see my certificate. The only chance of getting a fine is if the Health Board would check you.

Just got back from ND and WOW! We ended up with 52 rooties, There everywhere!!!
But we did not have any problems with dog certificates we did not have them we didnt even see a cop or a dnr intil the way home we passed two on the highway.

We got our lic by phone # and they didnt say anything about our dogs either.

I will give a better report when I get unpacked
Later