• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Welcome

Rick

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

OK pheasant hunters,
you have your own forum now. I know it's a little late in the season, but at least it should be primed for next year.

If you pheasant hunt, tell us a little story about one of your hunts this year. The region you hunt will be intersting for many of us as well.

All right now were talking! Let's hear from some of you guys that were out in S.D. smile.gif Been a few years since I have been out there, but plan on going back next year

Paul

Just got back from SD. On Thursday, three of us went out for a couple hours before Thanksgiving dinner a got 7. On Friday 4 of us went out and got 12 right before the rain started. On Saturday we went out in 30 mile an hour winds and pouring rain and came home with 15 birds between 7 people. We had to quit by 2:00 because the weather was just to nasty. We did see the most birds on Sat. although. Everyone told us that we must really love pheasant hunting to be out in that weather. Even the deer hunters were staying in their trucks. We chased up a monster 5x6 buck that a guy shot once he cleared the fence of the field we were in. He stopped by later and WOW what a rack.

We hunt mainly all private land, but got our limit on Fri. on public land. We hunt in SE SD. Saw a lot of birds on the public land. Safe to say we saw at least 400 birds over the three days.

Slab, you must not be hunting too far from where I normally hunt. I hunt a lot of the public areas around Clark. There is one large area just south of there that we chased over 500 birds out of a couple of years ago. Not sure if it's still that good or not. I heard some disturbing reports that the hutterite's built a community nearby and had cleaned out a lot of the game birds frown.gif

Paul

No I am way south of Clark I am about 30 miles north of Yankton. Clark is in NE SD. There is some good hunting up there, but I go up there for the excellent ice fishing around that area.