• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who hates the pack???

friendlyfisher

I was very happy that the Vikings were able to break-in their new stadium for them! grin.gif

Why, yes I do DISlike the Pack.

[This message has been edited by nunzio (edited 09-15-2004).]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buzzsaw

• otto_man

• bottomfeeder

• Farley

Yep, The ultimate burn for any packer backer is just one word Moss. I really got a chuckle out of the packer D.B comments.
Are you packer fans really that ignorant too? Do you triple dog dare us to try and pass on you now with millie vanillie back on the scene? I bet Pep and Randy are nervous now.

OK.. first off.. Farley.. you're comparing apples & oranges when you talk about wearing maroon & gold into Camp Randall.. It is, after all, a bunch of college kids who haven't figured out how to behave in public yet. Not that all of those at Lambeau have figured it out.
As far as Lambeau goes. If any Vikes fans got the treatment I got at the Dome, I would like to apologize for the stupidity of some of my fellow Packers fans.

Darren Sharper needs to shut up and hit somebody. It's not like they shut down Carolina on Monday night. And anyone dumb enough to dare another team to throw on them? Especially when they play the Vikes twice, and I believe that Philly is on the schedule this year... dumb, dumb, dumb...
don't ever give the other team billboard material...

ANd for those who are tired of Packers fans talking about the past victories... I feel your pain... My brother is a 49ers fan, and I get to hear about Montana, Rice, Young, etc... 5 Super BOwls... blah, blah blah.. what have they done lately? Nothing..
And backing in ain't pretty, but it still says defending NFC North (that's just wrong... It should say CENTRAL) Champions...

------------------
Fishin' is life
The rest is just details

What a wad! Bottomfeeder IS a packer fan acting like a jealous Viking fan... check him out in another football thread! Pitiful dude! Too bad your squad lost to the horrible Bears this week... I loved every minute of it!! Brett Favre is over the hill and cannot carry his team any longer... proof of that can be found when they were down 14-3 and went to the passing game and still couldn't do squat! I also like watching Ahman fumble like he always does! Are you going to go and try and re-sign another huge fatman to play in the middle or will teams continue to pound out 150 yards a game on the ground against your great defense?!

Bottomfeeder

That is so typical of a packer fan!

No viking fan with half a brain and can read would be jealous of the packers. Especially one who watched the Bears this weekend.

bottomfeeder, nice work! doesn't take much to get under the skin of a queens fan.

when we wake up tomorrow the vikings and packers will be 1-1 and the lions will 2-0.

hugh fatman? how many tackles did hovan have last week. check it out, skinny guys can't play either.

Do I hate the Packers? Heck ya!

When I start thinking about the all the championships the packers have won and then compare that to our pathatic 0-4 superbowl record, I really start hating on the Pack.

Then I look at their great outdoor stadium and how the 'fans' own the team and compare that to the sterile 'dump' that we play in, along with a complaining owner who constantly threatens to move the team, well then, I really starting hating the Pack.

To add insult to injury, I see that Farve just surpassed Tarkenen(sp?) in most carrer wins, and did so in aproxmatily 20 fewer seasons.

Man do I hate the Packers, but I think most of it just comes from envey.

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought that if the pack was loosing I would not hate them anymore........
Guess not, I still hate them.. lol

Bottomfeeder, Let your pal Ottoman know that you didn't get under my skin as much as I was just plain disappointed that somebody would act like a fan of a team and bash it... only to turn out to be a John Kerry... I mean a fraud.
Now please let me know what happened to your Packers this weekend against the lowly Giants. Or maybe defer to Ottoman on this one. Favre is not getting any younger, cuncussions knocked Aikman from the game prematurely, Ahman green needs some of Lester Hayes "Stick-um", Sherman needs to be less predictable, Lambeau has lost it's 60's and 90's mystic unbeatability factor.... kinda like how it was there in the 70's and 80's!! 20 years of armpitville. You guys are supposed to be so much better, what happened?? Help us all understand your pain and how can it be fixed? Tim Couch = NOPE!

I have lived in both states and like both teams. It took a long time to start to like the pack but Farve finally won me over. Now I root for both teams and when they play each each I don't care who wins. One thing I do know is the Pack will continue to be losers as long as Sherman is coach. I really disliked Green and feel good about The Vikes current coach. If the Vikes could get an intelligent QB and move Culpepper to tight end or full back they would probably win the Super Bowl. I do hate the Cowboys.

buzzsay,

quote:

Help us all understand your pain and how can it be fixed?

I think you should be helping me. Who is better qualified to understand heartbreak and pain then a vikqueens fan?

I was listening to the radio when Farve came back to throw the touchdown after suffering his concusion. Larry McCarion(sp) anounced after the touchdown pass..."and the legend grows".

[This message has been edited by bottomfeeder (edited 10-05-2004).]

[This message has been edited by bottomfeeder (edited 10-05-2004).]

Hey BF,
Vikes are in 1st place Packers are in last or does your calender say 1967?

The Legend is growing OLD. A couple more hits like that and Favray will be boozing full time.

i think the vikes were in 1st place last year at this time! what good did it do them?

last time the Packers started 1-3 they made the playoffs so don't count them out just yet queenies...

Otto,
Being a Viking fan, I know not to count the Pack out, yet. Obviously Favre will need to stay healthy for the Pack to go anywhere. Anytime he is on the field, the Pack can beat about anyone. But.....they sure didn't look very good when Farve did play Sunday. Except for the TD pass he doesn't remember. It is still EARLY in the season and anyone can win our division......except Da Bears.

Sandbar

[This message has been edited by Sandbar (edited 10-05-2004).]

This is fun! Yeswe Vikes fans know about pain and suffering.. all that means is that when we win it all it will be that much more to us. Heck, when is the last time the Brewers won a World Series or even made the playoffs? or how about the Milwaulkee Bucks? or your pro hockey team... wait you don't have one! I do know one thing and that it is week 5 in the NFL and the Packers have to play MUST WIN games from here on out. Go Graig Nall!

BF, ANother hit like the one FAvre took from Joseph agst the GI-ants and the packers will have TJ (why in the #### did I get traded to this cold, miserable place) starting at QB. Someone has got to be better than Doug (I hope brett doesn't get hurt becasue I really am no good) Pederson. ANyone can hand off to Green. Oh yeah, nice rush defense agst the GI-ants. 280+ yards of rush yards agst that vaunted Giants running game. At home. That's legend material , that's for sure.

buzzsaw

i think the bucks won a championship in 71. when's the last time the timberdogs won one?
you'll have to suffer with them as long as you have with the vikings, wait maybe not, shaq plays in the east now!

looks like cassell wants more money, man does that sound familiar.

if you want to get technical, when's the last time the groundhogs won a rose bowl?

who's your running back this weekend? and don't tell me we don't need one because we have cullsalt and mess.

and one more thing, (i'll show my age) I was a Twins fan before the Brewers were even around so I'm pulling for them to win it all, great game last night!!!

by the way it's "Craig" Nall... wink.gif

Otto, otto, otto, '71 ya say! WOW, I was 4 years old when the Bucks last did something impressive. Atleast the T'Wolves have a shot at winning it all again this year... close last year if not for the Cassell injury we may have won! You can deny that if you like but even the experts made that statement.
Will the bucks even break 500 this year?
To answer your question: 1962 was the Gophers Rose Bowl appearance and win over UCLA... yup, long time thats why I don't bring it up... Packers fans should do the same about their teams from the 60's as well!
Once again... Minnesota has a great chance to go there this year... only time will tell.
Your next Q: Moe Williams who played alot and well last year will be the starter for the next 2-4 weeks. Ahman Green should watch him and earn how to hold onto the football! STATEMENT: I've noticed over the years that all Wisconsinites love the Packers but cheer for all of the Minnesota teams that are winning.. ie.. T'wolves and Twins.... Whats up with that? Go watch your Brewers and Bucks stink it up year after year. P.S. If YOU want to get technical... when was the last time the Badgers hockey team won a National title??? Hmmmmmmmm
"Graig NILL" ya say!?

national championships in hockey.

wisconsin - 5

minnesota - 3

nfl championships

packers - many

vikings - none

nba championships

bucks - 1

timberwolves - 0

mlb championships

twins - 2 (i think)

braves/brewers - 1

yep, your killing us.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Sorry Otto,
I have to correct you.

Div 1-National Hockey Championships
Minnesota - 5
Wisconsin - 5

Div 1-National Hockey Championship Games
Minnesota - 11
Wisconsin - 6

That "noooooooo" call was pretty funny. I am actually glad they lost so they didn't have to get embarrassed in the playoffs as they had little chance of winning it all. Not sure if we do this year or not but we will see.

Go Twins.

Odf course championships are great otto, but I actually would prefer to be very good every year with an occasional championship to show for it. Like I said in my last post "lets talk about whats going on this year" Pack 1-2... I mean 1-3 oh my god! 2 losses at home to two great teams.. Bears and Giants!! NICE! Purple 2-1. break it down brotha, whats gonna happen with the cheesers? 13-3 maybe huh?

Otto, I'm happy that your proud of your sports teams HISTORY, you should be. But come on, besides the Packers and Badger football teams of the late '90's what has that state done? Heck go back to say 1985. I give you guys credit for a few years of having very good football teams! It's either your teams are really horrible or once every twenty years you pull one of of your arse. We can go in circles I guess so lets concentrate on the now OK.. Vikes 2-1 Packers 1-3. and yes I remember how last year started and how it ended... 4th and 26... Eagles first down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( :

buzz,

When it comes to professional football, I take it you perfer medicore year after year rather then the occasional championship?

My favorite radio call..."Nooooooooooooooooo"

BTW, I'm a Packer Backer through and through, but otherwise a MN guy. I guess I got the best of both worlds.

Go Twins!

Farve needs to hang it up. I mean, look at his last few playoff performances. He single-handedly ruined the cheesers last few playoff games with his bonehead interceptions.

------------------
GIT-R-Done!