• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who hates the pack???

friendlyfisher

This is a friendly I hate the Pack roll call. Just to see how many people from FM truley hate the Packers. Dont get me wrong, I am glad they have a team, every week I get to cheer for two teams, The Vikings and who ever is playing Green Bay.

This is not a thread for the packer fans to talk smack(packer fans smack is slang for trash talking), its just a roll call.

Remember its a friendly hate!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buzzsaw

• otto_man

• bottomfeeder

• Farley

I really dont HATE the Pack, just a strong disdain is more like it...lol.

I'm still confused with Rick for making the Ice Leaders hats Green and Yellow...I mean, this is Fishing MINNESOTA, not Fishing Cheeseland. grin.gif

I used to hate the Pack, I am still a Vikes fan but I like how the team is publicly owned, Lambau field speaks for itself, Farve is probably the BEST QB in the game right now, and Ahman Green is a stud. Otherwise, yeah, I hate the Pack. Oh, yeah , they also have probably the best offensive line in the leauge and did you see the defense blitz the heck out of Carolina last night?? That pretty much shut them down all night.

That Christmas Eve game this year will be somthing else. Vikes vs. Packers, week 16 which is our Super Bowl week in FF. I cannot wait.

I am a die hard Vikings fan - have been since the early 70's. I used to dislike the Packers but that has been tempered with a great deal of respect for their fan's enthusiasm, organization/management, and some of their players. I thought they looked pretty strong last night. The games with the Vikings will be great this year as usual!

Best Q.B in the league?? I think you have the QB's from the Vikes and Pack confused. Even Favre will admit his best days are behind him. Pepper has clearly become the best in the league if he really has figuired out how to read the defense and make the correct audibles. He looked real good at it against one of the best coaches ever this last weekend. I guess time will tell for sure.

As far as the pack goes I love to hate em. The border rivalry is great! Its like the small town I grew up in with the high school teams. Usually the most anticipated game of the year playing against friend's and cousin's and such. There no question the pack have the best stadium and atmosphere of any team..especially in December. They have a very rich tradition along with some of the best fans. A lot of the vikes fans are fair weather. They wont even watch them on tv if they are playing bad but if they are doing good my god everyones got the purple flag in the car window and the bandwagon is busting at the seams. Go to a Vikes vs Pack game at the rollerdome some year when niether team is doing that great, you'd swear you where in wisconsin from all the green and gold. That being said though I do think a lot of the cheeseheads are over the top. People in total distress and deep depressions when they lose a big one. Did you guys hear about the business man that put up a billboard that said something like "4th and 26 ..Sherman we will not forget" referring to the loss to philly last year. I mean c'mon packer fans it IS ONLY FOOTBALL.

Pretty much have to agree with Iron Cowboy. I do love Favre I think he's the kind of player, that most of us FM guys try to be as outdoorsmen. On the same token Daunte has arrived completely & he is "the man".

Love to hate the Pack, but they do have a few really good players. There fans although dedicated, left reality about 40 years ago.

Hate!
Anyone see MNF last night? It started off as it always does, with Madden verbally groping Farve. I thought, OK this is to be expected, we all know how Madden's sexuality comes into question when you mention Brett Favre. Well then halftime comes... I began to envision a bunch of ABC exec's sitting in a conference room last spring putting this halftime bit together. What better way to make money than play out Brett Favre as this hero, for the the game played following his dad's death. The ABC exec's knew Madden would be in for it, because he actually believes Farve is weakened by only Kryptonite. The advertisers would be all for it since they know that the Packer faithful would stick through the commercials to see Favre on a pedestal. Therefore when it was pitched the advertisers, ABC, and Madden where practically clawing at one another to put the story together. If you think for one second that ABC gives a **** about Favre's dad, you're wrong. They were looking at that from a purely financial stand-point. You can bet anything that if Favre and the Pack would have lost that game last year, ABC would still have done the story, with the same "hero" plot line and Madden would have had some apologetic fantasy to talk to about involving Favre. It is all about $ Sad but true!

Do you feel the love in this room! NOT ME!!!!! Yes, I HATE THE PACK. I always have and I always will. Although Farve is kinda good, lambo is kinda cool......wait what am I saying no no no. Yes I hate the Pack

While I certainly don't care for the Pack, I haven't been able to build up an intense, almost insane hatred for them like I have for the Dallas Cowboys.

The Packers don't save all their cap money like Red.

And when the Packers cut a bad citizen, how come he shows up at Winter Park first\?

Iron Cowboy-
Culpepper has a strong arm but I dont think he's the best. Look at the talent the Vikes have at the WR position(s) compared to the Pack.

let me ask you this, do you think Culpepper is a better QB than Peyton Manning???

Jarrod32, I hear ya, but the team I truly hate is the Eagles.

[This message has been edited by Farley (edited 09-14-2004).]

I hate the Pack. Prior to living in the Metro I didn't like them but now having to deal with all of the Cheeseheads that can't find a decent job in their own state I have grown to really hate the Pack. Fantasy Football really puts a different spin on it though when you have Ahman Green on your team and he runs all over the Panthers. I like him as a player but I can still hate his Jersey!!!

Favre can't even prounounce his name right. Shouldn't it be Farve????

Notice my beating on the cheese heads thread to find my opinion of the pack.

Purple is the color of royalty.

Since I've seen no other Packers fans jumping in, what the heck. THe team I hate is....

THE BEARS....

See, there's a history there, and that's the team that if you ask 100 Packers fans who they can't stand, 99 will say Chicago.
I hate to say it guys, but the whole "border battle" is more of a media/Minnesota thing. And as much as I hate to say this, I've gone to Vikings/Packers games at the Dome and at Lambeau. I was treated pretty badly by Vikes fans at the Dome. I was sworn at, spit at, etc.
I didn't see any of that towards Vikes fans in Green Bay. Some good natured joking, maybe a "hey, you're in the wrong place to wear that jersey", but nothing vulgar or physically abusive towards them.
Just my $.02...

slick your my hero, I am a die hard pack fan and also greatly dislike the bears. FOr the vikings yeah i like there Quarterback and tight end.

All I know is that us Packer fans are always Packer fans. Whether they win or lose. Viking fans only show themselves when they win. This thread just goes to show you the jealousy that queens fans have towards true football fans. How many superbowls do you have to win to catch the pack? Good luck viking fans(when they win) can't wait to see how you choke this year, not sure if you can top last year.

Farley,

I can't speak for Iron Cowboy, but I do. Manning is great, but his team has had a better running back, a way better defense, & kicker. Oh yeah, Marvin Harrison's no slouch & prior to this year anyway, his #2 & #3 receivers have been better than the Vikes.

I'm not saying Daunte's a lot better, I'd take either one, but given the choice I'd take Culpepper. He can win the game in more ways than Peyton can.

Farley, I think Manning is better in the "smarts" part of Q.B --reading, and recognizing then adjusting to the defense so right now he is more polished.(although the pats had him pretty confused thurs.) But Pepper is bigger, faster and stronger. sometime it takes a Q.B 5 years or so to get the "chess game" aspect of the game down. Others never do. If he can learn the mental part to go along with his physical ability then yes he will be the better.

Yeah, I like how when Dante runs the ball he doesnt just slide when a little ol' saftey comes running at him, he plows him over.

The thing that makes Manning the best in my book is the fact that he calls the majority of the plays (be it audibles or whatever) at the line of scrimmage in order to totally exploit the DEF, something that Culpepper can do but is not AS good at.

Farve is up there because he has great accuracy even when throwing on the run, rolling the opposite way he is comfortable, and falling backwards. He has to get it in the right spot because he doesnt have a 6'4" reciever jumping over the DB's for the ball.

Outdoor Ran,
Boy, you sure are right on about "all" of us Viking fans. Everyone of "US" Viking fans are band wagon jumpers. So us Viking fans can conclude: all Packer fans pee in sinks and drink paint thinner.

Get a clue.

It's also prety bad to talk smack when your team BACKED IN to the playoffs last year. And how CHEESY was it to parade a player from another team around like a king just because he helped you BACK IN.

Sad, very very sad.

Well said SANDBAR!!!
I've been to Lambeau wearing my John Randle jersey back in his heyday and sat next to good people and walked past others that were complete *****s. I heard some lewd comments thrown my way in the pressence of younger children and was NOT impressed... I was just amazed... I'm a fairly big guy (and not in a fat way) and was shocked and P.O.ed by all the lil midget men who would come yell **** in my direction... only because the lil' rat was in the pressence of other rats. It makes you wish you could bump into them outside the stadium to discuss if they still feel as strongly about what they said earlier. I think not. I'm sure you get that everywhere, people just need to settle the heck down. By the way when the Vikes scored on the pack at Lambeau.. all I did was put my finger on my mouth... like shhhhhh and give a little golf clap!
Did anybody see what Darren Sharper said in todays mpls paper??? "I dare, double dare, triple and quadruple dare any team team to try and throw on us" he said that in reference to MacKenzie signing and playing again for the cheese. Note to Sharper: We threw on you rats last year when you had the same secondary...... remember?!!!!!

I think the Packers are an allright team. It is the Packer fans I do not like.

I am so sick of listening to packer fans go on and on about how they used to be good.

No one will be treated very well wearing a visiting teams jersey come game day.

Slick-

"I was sworn at, spit at, etc.
I didn't see any of that towards Vikes fans in Green Bay"

That's because Packers fans are so drunk they can't distinguish between Purple and green.

I have never been to a game in G.B. but a couple friends of mine went to a Gophers\Badgers football game donning their maroon and gold and got spit on, sworn at, threatened and all that good stuff so don't say it all comes from west of the river.

the only thing more irritating than: packer fans, keyshawn johnson, jerry jones, chuck cecil (hated that cheap but wipe), jeremy shockey, fake-haired defensive backs, terrell buckley, the lambeau leap, the phraze "west coast offense," michael irvin, most of the cowboys, trent dilfer, bill romanowski, coach "chuckee," pot head 49'er fans, and that blatant out-of-bounds lateral pass that reggie white got away with

is........

that unbearable jingle they play at packer games to rally the team. it's the one that preceedes the chant "go pack go."

just venting......

i do like favre though..... sometimes.

The following is just a joke, no offense intended, just having a little fun.

In a school just outside Green Bay, a first grade teacher explained to her class that she is a Packer Fan. She asked her students to raise their hands if they are Packer fans too. Not really knowing what a Packer fan is, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands all fly into the air.
However, there is one exception. A little boy named Timmy has not gone along with the crowd.
The teacher asks him why he has decided to be different. "Because I am not a Packer fan." says Timmy "Then," asks the teacher, "what are you?" Timmy says "I am a proud Minnesota Vikings fan!" The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Timmy why he is a Vikings fan. "Well, my Mom and Dad are Vikings fans so I'm a Vikings fan, too,"
Timmy responds. The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your Mom was a ***** and your dad was an *****?" Timmy smiled and said, "THEN I'd be a Packers Fan."

Having more fun...

What's the diff between Apes and Viking fans?
Apes know their place.