• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any Bears Fans?

lots of luck

Yes, I am in a witness protection program for Bears fans. Just comes with being a fan I guess.

I have developed a liking for the vikes though.

Being a transplant from Chicago I have weathered 20 years in Viking land! The Bears have nowhere to go but up and hopefully some of the changes made over the last season and a half will generate the move. Can't say that my dislike of the Viking's has waned at all!! GO BEARS! In the words of a dear friend and avid Bear fan when I mentioned positive feelings for the Vikings many years ago, "Did you bump your head?!?!?!?"

I've always had a soft spot for the Bears minus their Super Bowl year when they got a little cocky for my taste (I.E. The Super Bowl Shuffle). That being said, they are a team in need of a coach and a QB. With the exception of 1 year, A-Train has proven to be a fairly durable and talented back, yet year after year they mess with him and tell him he's no good and move someone above him on the depth chart. Make him number one...period. Also, get a coach. Maybe Denny. Oh yeah, he's taken. Also, they haven't had a QB since Kramer had his one good season in '98 or so. If they could just get a coach with a brain and a QB with the same, they would at least be competative. They have a long way to go right now. Look forward to another frustrating season! 5-11? 7-9 at best.

I think we will have a better season than most are predicting for us. Sure we have a new coach and our d line is a question mark, but we really didn't lose any of our keyplayers and upgraded on oline.

I think Uncle Dave missed out about the coach thing as we fired Jauron and company after the Super Bowl. It will be exciting to see what Lovie Smith and his staff will bring for us.

I guess we will have to wait and see at week 8.

I think we're just screwed until ownership changes hands. In the past decade how many big names have they drafted or acquired through free agency or trades, not many. It is usually second rate talent, with a glimmer of hope every few years. Second rate coaches and second rate qb's. It adds up to a **** season almost every year.
I'll stop ranting now.

They picked up coaches from the Rams and KC. That should help the offense. Don't know about the line, though they did take Tait from the Chiefs. The Bears paid WAY too much for him.

The best thing they did in the off season is get rid of Kordell Steward. That guy is the worst quarterback in the NFL. He'd be a great receiver though, too bad he is too stubborn to realize it though.

Gettign rid of Kordell Stewart has to ranked right up there with gettign rid of Non-Offensive Coordinator John Shoop. I think his play calling hurt us a lot. I mean come on callign a pass play for three yards on a 3rd and 10, not gonna get it done.

See ya Shoop don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!!!

Too bad for Tampa.

Considering the highlight of last year was beating the Vikes at home this year has got to be better. I agree that the getting rid of Shoop will hopefully create a little more offensive excitement and some of the offseason changes will help. Rex looks promising and after putting up with Stewart and that [email protected][email protected] McNown it can't be any worse. Keep the faith and we may get a pleasant surprise!

You could not be more correct on Shoop!!
I forgot about those 3rd and long screens and draw plays.

Have any of you guys been to Allory's in St. Paul? It's a Bears fan bar I guess.

You are right, I didn't know they got rid of Jauron. They may have hope. I still think they are a year or two away from being competative though.

Uncle Dave,

Just to get you up to date. They hired Lovie Smith who was the defensive coordinator for the Rams as head coach. They got one of the assistant coaches from the Chiefs as the OC and got Ron Riviera as DC.

They really didn't lose anybody important on offense or defense. We lost Warrick Holdman but he has been injured a lot since he signed his big contract.

We has promising Rex Grossman who looked good the few games he played in last year,(just ask the vikings) he played a smart game.

We helped out our line by signing Tait and Ruben Brown. Some will say Brown is washed up but maybe a change of scenery is what might be needed.

The main area of question is the D line. It is very inexperienced, but the defensive philosophy has changed to being much fasterand taking more chances at turnovers.

Overall IMO there are a few questions with this team but what team doesn't. I do think though we will be better than what people are predicting us to be. I guess we wil have to wait and see around week 8.