• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Glacier 2 man set up and take down

I do a lot of roaming and hole cutting. Am considering a Glacier 2 man for its portability but am concerned about the inconvenience of set up and take down when compared to a Fish Trap scout flip over. Any comments on the Glacier 2 man would be appreciated.

Jigger

I saw these at the ice show and asked the person to flip it down and up and it seemed fast. I bought the 3 man. I was going to go with a scout, but I went with the extral room. I hope it is easy to set up. I like to move and pull by hand
Any one else with information. I haven't opened my glacier up yet (x-mas present)

I kow the 3 man is just 24 lbs, so I should be able to pull it with equipment, but I just want a quick set up

• 10 months later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I set the Glacier up in 24 seconds. Which is faster than I can set-up the Otter, which is a flip-over like the fish trap.

You just flip up the sides and put a brace in and slide in the extending brace and your ready to go.

You'll like the ease of set-up and lightness for hauling. Check out the comments made in the Ice Leaders Shelters Forum here.

I like the 3 man for the extra room it provides as well.

If I had an ATV or snowmobile, I'm afraid I'd have to have the Ice Scout or Side Angler to get X-tremely mobile with easy set-up and comfort.

you can see it at http://fishingminnesota.com/glacier.html