• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
vikes40for60

Night Bite

vikes40for60

What is the best presentation, location, and tactics for the Mille Lacs night fishing? Any guidance would be appreciated.

DUCKJ

JUST ABOUT ANYWERE YOU PARK YOUR BOAT YOU WILL CATCH FISH. WE WERE STRAIT OUT FROM GARISON ON THE FIRST BAR. WE LINDY'D TILL DUSK AND THEN SAT WITH SLIP BOBBERS AND POUNDED THEM.
HAPPY HUNTING
DUCK

vikes40for60

Duck,

Did depth matter? Were you primarly using leeches? My bro is in town from californai and he has never fished Mille Lacs. Trolling might be difficult so I will more than likely slip bobber.....

Vikes/ I would highly recommend trolling crankbaits after dark. Troll stick minnow imitators like the Millenniuw Stick minnow or a floating Rapala. Hit the shoreline rocks and shallow rock flats in 5-6 feet.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

DUCKJ

VIKES, WE WERE IN 18 TO 23 FT WILE FLOATING LINDY'S AND WHEN WE WERE FISHING SLIPS WE WERE IN 20 FT ON THE EDGE OF THE FLAT. LEECHES ARE WORKING THE BEST BUT MINNOWS AND CRALLERS ARE PUTTING SOME FISH IN THE BOAT LINDYING AND LEECHES ON YOUR SLIP BOBBERS IN THE EVE YOU CANT BEET IT.
ILL BE OUT THERE TOMARROW DURING THE DAY TILL AROUND 3:30 OR SO. LOOK FOR A TAN 1750 FISH HAWK WITH A TEAM ESOX STICKER ON THE WINDSHIELD, 115 JOHNSON THAT READS DUCK JOHNSON ON THE SIDE. GOOD LUCK AND

HAPPY HUNTING
DUCK

vikes40for60

D-man,

Thanks for the response. Sorry we couldnt hook up this weekend. Me and my bro will still try and put in some wallys in the boat w/o you. LOL.

For trolling is the amount of line a big deal with those shallow depths. IS this a trolling motor troll or the big motor? My honda 90 trolls down to 1.5-2 and the Vantage can get me slower? Or shopuld UI buzz thorugh at 3mph like I do on Lake Peppin.

Sorry about all the questions but I havent cranked much on Mille Lacs. Primarily stuck to lindy's and spinners during the day and bobbering at night.

Let me know.

vikes40for60

Didnt realize it was you LOL. Yea the Vantage is key in this situation. Longline (100-130 feet) those cranks in shallow water. The shorelines have been going good. You may also want to try the top of Garrison Reef.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

huskminn

Vikes,

Are you planning on hitting my "secret" smallie spot on Saturday? If so, you better get up early! smile.gif

There will be three of us in my light-colored Alumacraft Lunker V16....40 Merc...FishingMinnesota.com decals port and starboard. If you see me, give a wave.

We'll be bobbering at dusk and after dark, even though the long-lining is a favorite of mine. I just don't want to deal with three lines after dark in a boat as small as mine.

Have a great weekend and good luck.

vikes40for60

Husk,

I wont be getting on the lake till 3 or later. If my bro is up to it we might see me swing by there and throw some raps for smallies. Shhhhhhh! Dont let anyone in on our, I mean YOUR secret spot.

Will try the trolling for a while but my bro (a novice fisherman) may be more comfortable with the slip bobbering. You know what my boat looks like (even with a cover wink.gif.

See you on the BIG POND!!!!