• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any news on Clearwater?

With the 3 day weekend upon us i am looking for somewhere to take the family for some good fishing.

We will mainly be targeting Bass and maybe Northern if the bass bite is slow.

What would be the best 3 lakes in Annandale area for me to hit?

Just wondering if anyone has been fishing for walleyes out here latly with any luck? Me and my dad were talking about trying it this coming weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been fishing here??? Reports of any kind?? I never made it out last weekend but hope to get out on friday wether permitting. Any reports would be great...

I will also be fishing there this weekend on Grass Lake Bay and hoping for some advice/reports.

Was up there yesterday pre-fishing for a small bass tournament on Saturday and did OK but found out there is a Pike Tournament on the same day with around 100 boats - Saturday would be a good day to find a quieter lake....that is a LOT of boats for Clearwater!

Daze Off

Has anyone had any luck with the walleye on clearwater?

I've fished the lake for bass before, but not walleye.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Ole

Been Getting a few Wallys lately since i got an unexpected lay off smile.gif... Gee realy hurts my feelings to be laid off in the fall grin.gif gives me time to catch up on some fall fishing that i usually dont have time for.

No kidding, same thing happened to me. It is nice to have all this spare time in the fall.

Any advice on the walleye in clearwater? I've fished the lake a couple years ago for bass, but not walleye.

Any tips would be great.

Thanks

Ole

[This message has been edited by Ole #1 (edited 09-22-2004).]

Rockhard done with the cement already? I am jealous of you and ole but I would guess I have got at least a month left on the roofs before my happy time starts. I was up on clearwater last weekend for the northern tourney, had a lucky horseshoe up my butt too ,as me and my brotherinlaw woodhead won it. It is a fun tourney to fish in ,bj's does a nice job. maybe meet some of you guys on the hardwater this winter. have fun on your early layoff.

My biggest tip would be to buy your bait elsewhere than the local bait shops. there isnt one real close to clearwater that sells prefered minnows in my opinion. i have been getting wallys on deep diving cranks, jigs and minnows and lindy with both crawlers and minnows. the fish i have gotten into have been all over the place ,, naywhere from 14 feet to 30 feet .. not much help is it grin.gif .. but on clearwater that depth range can be found in very small areas

P.S, I go back to work again next week .... Guess i shouldnt have made that 1 phone call frown.gif.. oh well i still will get most of the winter off grin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Fished clearwater for a few hours yesterday afternoon for some walleyes but didn't catch anything. We tried jigs and minnows, lindys and minnows and spinners and minnows. I know it wasn't exactly the best time to be fishing but was just wondering how everyone else is doing...

I tried cedar last Friday morning for some walleyes with no luck. There was, what appearred to be a competitive fisherman with a fancy boat and a bunch of gadgets on it that was obviously fishing for walleyes out there at the same time. Judging by how much he was moving around the lake, he wasnt having much luck either...but who knows.

I'm not going to give up on these two lakes(cedar and clearwater) or any others, as far as open water goes, just yet but I did buy some ice fishing stuff over the weekend so there is something to look forward to.

• 2 weeks later...

Walleye action has been pretty good from a residend source. He says jigging along humps has produced some good quantities, but no size.