• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fishing leagues posting.

This is a good idea...albeit, way too late. Most of the leagues have selected their schedules, which are usually picked by members to accommdate their lives...

This should have been addressed 2 months ago, with leagues working together in scheduling their events. At this point, people will not alter their schedules that have been set around summer itineraries, vacations, etc...

...but that's just my take, and that's also why I dropped out of the league I was in...

------------------
"Shhh...I'm fishing"

VERY interesting topic.

Last year, my fishing partner and I tried to get a meeting together with about 10 league representatives in the Sherburne/Wright county area to address the exact issues of what can/may happen to conflicts on lakes. I had a person from the MN DNR lined up and attended our meeting.
We had great interest in the meeting(before hand), but when meeting night came, we had 2 leagues show up. (Our league and one other league)
Not much happened.

It's just a matter of time before more restrictions take place on our weeknight fun get-togethers. Don't kid yourself.

I set up a post in the leagues/tournaments forum for a place to list your league schedules. please use this if you are on a league. we have run into another league the last 2 weeks. most of the lakes we fish can handle this many boats but not all. if we work together we can avoid stack-up. there are enough lakes in this area we should be able to work together. too many boats on a lake give league fishing a bad name. I have read a few post of people complaning about leagues and tournaments, and I am sure the DNR gets their share of calls. the league we ran into on tuesday said that they ran into a 20 boat league the week before on maple that means there were 32 boats on that lake. I know people on the lake noticed. not to mention it takes alot longer to dock all the boats. well sorry about the long wind but it would be nice if we could work together.

backherup

if you checked my post you would have seen that i posted it back in april when most leagues were forming, not to pick on you. we probably would shift our schedule if we thought it would be a problem. i am really pointing it out so that maybe next year leagues could start working together thats all.

blackbas...

I did go to the Tourney Forums...and noticed you did bring that topic up several months ago. Kudos to you...it was a good idea.

However, I noticed your tone seems to suggest that you would like people to "move out of your way", since you have posted it first...

"I set up a post in the leagues/tournaments forum for a place to list your league schedules. please use this...""we have run into another league..."

...and I'm sure you didn't mean for it to come off like that... wink.gif

[This message has been edited by BackHerUp (edited 06-13-2004).]

all i am really saying is maybe next year if league post their schedules as soon as they have them other leagues could avoid those lakes on those nights and for the rest of this year if we see that we are going to stack up we may change lakes for a night. thats all it just would be nice if we could all work together. sorry if I came across wrong, we are all after the same thing, a nice peacefull night on the water.

"10-4, little buddy"...it would be nice if that could happen...have a nice summer. grin.gif

------------------
"Shhh...I'm fishing"

According to the DNR Tournament Regulations link, you're both wrong...
They say:

A permit will be required for any fishing contest that is limited to specifically named waters if one or more of the following apply:

* There are greater than 30 participants for open-water contests or 150 participants for ice-fishing contests;
* The entry fee is greater than $25 per person;
* The total prize value is greater than $25,000

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/tournaments/regulations.html

------------------
"Shhh...I'm fishing"

[This message has been edited by BackHerUp (edited 06-20-2004).]

I stand corrected.
15 (2 man teams) boats for a total of 30 participants.

That's what I was trying to get across.

Thanks for the additional clarification though.

Not sure if you know or not but if you have 12 or more boats on one lake at any given time for a designated event you must contact the DNR and obtain a permit. I am in a Metro league and we limit it to 10 boats for this very reason. We ran into a sheriff at one of the boat launches and he informed us of the law. Good luck in your league this year...

not well, we went to the spot where we caught our fish last year and didn't catch anything. we caught 2 fish 1 16 bass and 1 13 bass. i lost one and jeff lost one, but i started having problems with my foot control for my trolling motor, the cable keeps jumping off the pulleys. we couldn't fish much the last hour. Steve and Shane had 5 bass and won the night. we are now 2 points out of 1st.