• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

6/4 Wright County Fishing Report

Was out in Wright county from 6:30 - 10:00 and got into the slab crappies & sunnies...
Kept 15 total for a fish fry on Sunday but caught over 50. Largest crappie was 12", most were in 9" - 10" range. Sunnies were in the 7" - 9" range. Kept the ones that were not ready to pop from the spaun. The ones that we tossed back were really FAT!!!! They could pop any day this week, if they had not already overnight...

HOOK, LINE & SINKER =

Fluorescent green hook, real small slip bobber. Sometimes the fish took the bait and went right back on bottom. DId not take off with the bait.

We wre using crappie & fat head minnows for the most part.

I then tried out some non-live bait. Tried Bio-Bait Crayfish, Bio-Bait Crawler, Bio-Bait Leech to no avail, only a few nibbles...

Then I swtiched to some Berkley Power Bait Micro power Wigglers and we then just started to kill the sunnies. Even pulled in some of the crappies with them.

We were in about 7' of water and the bigger ones seemed to be coming off the bottom. The spot was surrounded by milfoil and other weeds. The spot we pulled them out of seemed to be clear of any weeds...

Hope everyone finds the slabs we did...

------------------
-----------------------

GET-ER-DONE

www.zoomn.com
www.taxes.zoomn.com

tmc - not sure where in Wright Cty you were at, but the last 2 lakes I've been on this past week in Wright Cty both have MAJOR weed growth at 7' depth like you said - to the point of being quite frustrating for fishing. Was on Cedar today for the first time (and probably last time as well). Couldn't believe the algae/green sludge growth. Too bad - it's a nice lake. Was kinda nasty to swim in with the kids too.

All of the lakes that I fish on that contain eurasion milfoil have that first turn once the water warms up some. Give it a week and it will clear some. You will also get one later in the year.

I also have been getting some nice crappies and sunnies. All on artificial grubs. They were full 2 weeks ago but it seems that most of them have dropped.