• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where'd Y'all go

Well last night I tried to launch my boat at the new landing on Howard Lake. The landing was to shallow to get my boat off the trailer. I had my front tires in the water so they were the only thing left on the concrete slab and I still couldn't get it off. It is a pretty nice landing but I think that they need to dig it out a little. Last year I had pull a guy out that had backed his front tires off the concrete into the sand. Real flat landing.
I am planning on hitting Pulaski, Rock and Maple this weekend to try to track down some slabs. The water temp at the landing on Howard was 51 degrees.

I'll be out this weekend sometime if it doesn't rain. Water temps look like they are warming up. It was 45 degrees last time I was out and the fishing was slow.

Was on Clearwater last weekend with fair success. We caught plently for a fish fry! Would like to get back out this weekend, but I've got a wedding to go too.. LUCKY ME!!!! Following weekend we are off for Sturgeon fishing, so looks like my crappie season is all over!

What?!? everybody too busy reelin'em in to put up a post? That's not my evcuse (I WISH). Maybe this next week though.

Which access is best on Clearwater? I would like to head out and try to find some crappies but I have spent very little time on this lake? Is the water real low where I need to watch out for knocking my lower unit off in spots? Any help would be great. I will pick up a map. Any bays better than others?

The water on clearwater is low right now . It is common for a lower unit to be tore up on it . I will say this thou you bust up your boat .9 times out of 10 you will know remember it grin.gif.. the recent rain we got did hepl some , could use quite a bit more .

As for the launchs,, i would say a newbie should use the BoBs bay landing. Puts you right in on the main lake. The Black Pool Landing you have to drive though narrow spot.

A number of years ago a buddy picked up a Brand new boat and wanted to have me with him breaking it in on clearwater since i live on it .He wanted to do it all in one afternoon . In the end while doing approx 64mph i Said to him " Dont do anything at all and just look over the side of the boat" .. He Did And then and then went to slow down .I yelled at him " Speed Back up before you hit!!!" The spot is about 3 feet deep and not real big. I did have him across it many times before the full bore ride. I just never told him to look down grin.gif hahah

Hey Duckbill...Pulaski's access is plenty deep...it's just in poor shape, due to the ice heaving up onto shore. (Pushed some of the concrete slabs up). There are two ramps, side-by-side (with a dock in between, that is half submerged!)...last week the crappies weren't biting, but then again, the cold snap caused that. I imagine this weekend should be better, however a new front is moving in tonight! (Chance of rain tomorrow and Sunday)

------------------
"I fish. Therefore, I am...(hungry...)"

HEY MODERATOR! WHERE DID MY POST FROM YESTERDAY GO? IT WAS AT ABOUT THIS TIME OF DAY. I GUESS FISHING MN DOSENT LIKE CURRENT REPORTS OR SOMETHING OR AM I BEING BLACKBALLED FROM FISHING MN?

------------------
Shut up and fish!

fishfearme....my screw-up and I apologize. I was trying to edit (actually add) to your post about the crapps on Clearwater and everything I did went bye-bye. I will not do that again! And yes we do want updated info, please email me on this, if you wish to do so. smile.gif Nav

------------------
Jon Navratil
Navigator Guide Service
www.naviguides.com
Central MN rivers & lakes

[This message has been edited by Navigator (edited 04-25-2004).]

I found them on Pulaski on Saturday afternoon. A lot of small ones though. There were plenty of boats too.

Most Wright & Meeker cty lakes are producing panfish right now! I absolutely love this time of year. smile.gif Nav

ps. The smaller lakes can be real sleepers, BUT please practice C&R. Keep a few and toss back the rest. wink.gif

------------------
Jon Navratil
Navigator Guide Service
www.naviguides.com
Central MN rivers & lakes

[This message has been edited by Navigator (edited 04-26-2004).]