• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any Trout Streams in The Area

I'm moving home from college this spring for the entire summer. Picked up fly fishing over the winter in southeastern MN. Just wondering if anybody knows of some trout streams in the area...Any shared knowledge is great!

Loebs, are you that cousin of mine that lives in Howard Lake? If so Im the one that lives by Crawford lake 4 miles south of Buffalo.

You bet I am, long time no talk. How did you come to that conclusion anyway?..thats pretty good.

Yeah I picked up this whole fly fishing thing while working at gander and I'm just looing for some advice. I know thats not your bag, but hows the fishing going this year for ya.

I have been catching some nice trout in the streams down here, near whitewater.

all right I have to get studying but i'll keep in touch with you.

It ain't hard to figure you out with the lakes you wanted to fish and now the fly fishing. As far as my ice season, this was the worst year for spearing I've had in a long time. Got fish but had to sit a long time. My buddy Garrett got a 15 on one of your area lakes. Did really well on crappies this year. Alot of catch and release so I could go out and have fun and not go overlimit. Haven't been out around here since the last week in February. Was on Winni 2 weeks ago, only got 40 perch between me Terry and David in 10 hours of fishing. Pretty slow.