• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm done icefishing...see you on the "open water" side

Like any of you care...but between getting the garage in order for spring, the boat prepped and lubed, the furniture re-arranged in the house (for the wife! "Spring Cleaning"), spending time with my beautiful baby boy...I think I've given up the idea of icefishing this winter!? I'm not too proud to admit that either. But the thought of trudging through water with my portable in tow, doesn't sound the least bit appealing to me now that I've turned 44!!
I'm too excited to wet the boat now...
See you guys in the Open Water Forum...ta-ta! --AK

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 03-10-2004).]

My hat's off. the flags are at half staff. I can relate! I'd like to try once more though. Just once. I don't know where or when, or even if I'll go. But anyway, Come on spring! P.S. I'm the same age, and sometimes feel it. Never say die. You have to save yourself for when that little squirt says, "Dad, can we go fishing?".

Ive been waiting for open water since November. Enough with this ice fishing thing! LETS DO SOME REAL FISHIN!!! 79 days till the Bass opener grin.gif

Don't feel bad, ACK, I came to the same conclusion this week - time to practice space management. The portable, the snowmobile, garage heater, ice gear, dried minnow chowder powder from walking on the mess from the tipped-over minnow bucket... Time to finish the deck I started last fall, too... Here's to open water soon, and next year's ice!

The best ice fishing is just starting boys, but I guess that leaves more room for me out there. Thanks!!!

fishface,

Finally, someone that admits they are older than me. smile.gif You can fish with me anytime.

Not too much ice left. Open water in Missouri and Kansas this weekend and 65 degrees. First ice I saw coming north was at Albert Lea. Better hurry!!! The open water is coming.