• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Area Lake Conditions

Hey Guys I go to school in Rochester and Im coming home to Howard Lake Monday the 8th to fish during our spring break. My plan is to fish all week long and I am just wondering about the ice conditions out there. Are people still driving out there? and what is the ice consistancy? Any advice would be helpfull.

ackotz

Haven't been out this week, but as of last weekend, the snowmelt was causing some erosion of the ice along the shorelines and definitely the boat ramps. There were some "if-fy" spots. Large chunks of ice protruding from huge puddles of water. Made it look like there were holes there, and this was the same for Buffalo Lake, Constance Lake and Eagle Lake (Monticello area), where we fished. I imagine the same was occuring everywhere else too. It's that time of year, as you know. The ice is driveable (1-1/2' to 2' thick still), once you get out there...but you'll need to exercise extreme caution. Some holes are widening and opening up due to snow melt and wind. Just be careful. As the saying goes, "better safe than sorry"...

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 03-06-2004).]

duckbill

There were a couple of trucks out in the middle of Howard this weekend. The ice is still safe but as said before but the landings are getting pretty bad. Forecasting 40's for highs everyday this week. That heavy snow only made things worse as far as getting around on the lake. Bring a tow strap and cell phone if you drive off the main road.

rockhardinmn

the access at BJs bait on clearwater is getting pretty nasty. i do not know about the launch at bobs bay thou . it might be better. you can drive fairly easy , it is a little ruff thou.