• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
wallter

Snell length

wallter

What is the real advantage of a very long snell from 6-10 ft? Please tell me in what situation would I want to use a short snell? and when would I want to use a long snell? Confused...

Use the longer snells when you're marking fish and not getting bit. Longer ones are a little more hassle and not absolutely neccessarry when the bite is good. A short snell would be two to three feet and a long one would be up to ten. Anymore is overkill.

Ron

------------------
Ron Anlauf's Guide Service http://fishingminnesota.com/ranlauf/ Phone: 320-396-2133

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• AlwaysFishing23
      Thanks to Wanderer (Tracy) for extracting me from a sticky situation 🤦‍♂️. It was also nice to finally meet you in person!! I think you need to start a weekend towing business lol. I had a buddy of mine and his dad come out and check and make sure I was okay after you left. Fishing was pretty good I got 8 gills all around 8” and 1 crappie 9”. Dad came out and got 5 gills. We stayed till 6:15pm and I was able to make it off the lake no problem. 
    • portageguy
      Cliff and Byron are planning a Kids ice fishing day February 12. The event is out of Fortune bay Marina  9-1. The event is for Tower and Nett lake kids. I know Cliff is looking for a few helpers. 
    • monstermoose78
      Good luck sir 
    • Wanderer
      Cuz that’s just me.  🙂  I just like tinkering and seeing what I can get away with - and learn about things.   Just got done with a fine hone stone and got out some small nicks I’m pretty sure I got from cutting dirty ice in ND.  I’ll find out tomorrow how I did.
    • monstermoose78
      Why when Frank does such a great job?
    • Wanderer
    • Wanderer
      Like @eyeguy 54 says, Frank has been the go-to guy for members of this site for years.  He does it by mail and is in Saginaw, MN.   It’s interesting that you ask about re-shaping also.  I know Frank has the Nils jig and the drill blades are curved.  I was considering tuning up my own today before they get too dull but am concerned about maintaining the shape of the curve. Since I was a machinist in a former life, I’m still gonna try it.  Then maybe send to Frank. 😀
    • PRO-V
      Let's hope we don't get that much!!
    • eyeguy 54
      @Surface Tension     frank is da man  
    • smurfy
      with another 4-8 inches of snow in the forecast i'm beginning to think my fishing trips north to the cabin are in serious jeapordy. at least till maybe march!!!!!!!!!