• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Plesant Lake Crappie

I've heard that theres some pretty nice crappies in plesant lake suspended at around 20 fow in 45 fow and most of the fish you catch will be over 10". Am I the only one who has heard that?

You "might" pick up a 10" crappie in that lake...most likely during the summer more so than the winter. They suspend over deep water in the summer. Most of the fish are in that 6" to 8" range. Like other area lakes, they never get a chance to grow much bigger. Nav

------------------
Jon Navratil
Navigator Guide Service
www.naviguides.com
Central MN rivers & lakes

Bobberboy: I heard the same thing, I just don't quite believe it. I've caught numbers on the lake, but never anything consistently big. Bass, now thats another story. Bill

Hey Ackotz, I found'em. Caught about 15 most over 10" one 14" kept 3 for dinner. Had to reel up slow so I could get'em to go back down the hole. Stacked anywhere from 48' to about 20' one or two here and there the whole process took about 4 hours.

It gets 45' deep in that lake? I think I found 36' one time. Although I have gotten some nice fish out of there in the past.