• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cedar Lake

Has anyone been fishing cedar with any real luck? A yes or no answer will be good enough but type of fish being caught, size and a general depth would be great

havent been there this winter,did good on eyes in the fall,not sure whats going on there now im pretty sure someone will respond

I made it out to Cedar last night and had a pretty good Bite 3 eyes and 2 slimers. Nothing real big, but the eyes fit real well in the pan. We let the northerns grow up. Fat heads on rattle spoons. The perch color is what I was using.

I will gladly offer the facts. We were fishing in 22' of water 1.5' to 2' off the bottem. !0' away from my hole however, it was 32'. Hope this helps

Cedar is great...we like the area out front of the beach (north shoreline)...there's a sunken island/hump that produces for us all summer. The steep drop off the western shoreline is also good to us...again, in the summer! The "saddle" is fun too, but I've never fished Cedar in the winter.

Im going out to cedar today to fish for eyes for the last time on ice for this season. Just got the new promap series from Lakemaster and to my surprise they have mapped Cedar. I'm excited to see how accurate they are.

So, Skeet, how was Cedar last night? Never tried it thru the ice before. Was thinking of trying Clearwater this weekend for the last bite of the season.
PS...I'm a fellow BL'r

fishinmajishin, sorry it took so long to reply. been having some computer problems. anyways, i did get out last wednesday and i fished near the center of the north end of the lake on a deep hump that tops out at 36'. i did not have a lot of time to fish so i didn't move around or try any other spots. i only managed 3 small walleyes and some small perch.

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about a long time to reply!! I've been way too busy working and fishing to even turn my PC on the past weeks. The last night for 'eyes I was on Clearwater. Had a shiner down one hole with no luck. The other hole managed to produce a nice limit of craps from 9 3/4 to 11 1/2. Most of the guys out there fish 35-40 FOW, but I have a nice spot where I jump between 25-30. Most everything is suspended 10-13 off the bottom.