• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

BJ's Bait Clearwater Lake

Does anybody know what happened by BJ's on Saturday afternoon? Could see many flashing lights and a helicopter flying nearby.

some one that didnt have a clue as to where to drive their sled hit the preasure ridge in the narrows area , story i heard it launched him about 40feet in the air and he busted a pelvis and possible inturnal injuries..
People .. please if you dont know the area your riding Dont ride Hard ! just ask this guy .

your welcome and good luck to you ,, the fish this past week suddenlyu shut the jaws for me .

Have had no poroblem finding the crapps ,, they just wont do as they have been for me , bite smile.gif.. i kinda took this week off myself. living on the lake i get alot of time out there allready .

I am friends with the guy who hit the pressure rigde. He crushed vertebrae and is in STC hospital on morphine, after getting Airlifted. He won't work again for 6 months at least, and his wife lost her job recently, too, and has a kid in high school yet.

This is a guy who was a Scoutmaster for 12 years, I worked with him in the Troop. He is usually very careful and level headed, and he has his own two-lift auto shop. Just goes to show that even the better among us can have life-altering accidents.

[This message has been edited by federline (edited 02-12-2004).]

Sorry to hear about your buddy I hope everything works out. Hey Rockhard I live over on Sugar and if you are ever looking for a partner to fish Clearwater I am always willing. That is one Lake I would like to spend more time on. Did very well there a few years back.

Federline....is his shop out of Annandale?

Ride safe all...lakes are so dangerous this time of year. Make sure you go slow if you've never driven the lake before. I know a guy who pulled a thoughtless move. Took off across the lake with an F7 and hit a snowbank that had been pushed up for an ice rink at 80. Sled went end for end and was totalled, he broke a femur in 2 places.

A few years ago I saw a guy I know do almost the same thing on a road that was plowed out from a landing all winter. Hit the ice ridge at about 70. He hit so hard the seat and tank separated from the machine, his helmet got dragged off (with the strap still strapped!), the tunnel was tweaked, he tore muscles in his chest and had a big ice rash on his cheek. He was lucky.

I hate to say do as I say not as I do...I have been accused of riding hard on occassion. But will admit that even on lakes I know, I don't risk riding too fast. Last weekend was testament for me. I was leading on a section of trail that I'd never ridden before. Rode down a long draw in a field to find a drainage ditch with no 'caution' signs. I managed to fish tail myself to a slower speed, but it was spooky.

Everyone is all jacked up with the recent snow falls so watch out for youself and others.

bae ,, yeah we can try to hook up some time ,, buckblaster also from these lakes also so maybe we all can tie up .. most days i am free during the week you can email me at " [email protected] " i am going to be busy a clouple of days next week teaching a class for my trade ( which Lays me off in the winter most times ) thats tues and wed of next week . any ways drop me a mail ,, i try get to check it alot in the winter ,, rarely in the summer .
Feder.. hope he comes out of it allright ,, sounds like he will be laid up for a bit . Buck i had a rare ride the other day .. went to lake center for a burger . comming back across the east end i opened it up a bit , was doing about 85 and climbing when it just slowed down ,,, here i spit the track right out the back of the sled . was told that it could have locked up and tumbled on top of me if it had .. a person never knows what is going to happen smile.gif

[This message has been edited by rockhardinmn (edited 02-13-2004).]

I gotta admit rockhard, since we started getting snow, I've all but abandoned the old shack. I pulled up on a 2002 500 XC SP Edge last fall and have felt obligated to beat on the thing. Sounds like it's time to put a new set of paddles on your ride!

What on earth are they doing to McBride's now? I think they've filled 2 construction dumpsters already. Is the daughter out of work for awhile?

I think I'll put down for some crappies this weekend...my freezer is empty again...see if I can get a meal or two. I'll let you know how I do if I get out.

------------------
"Hi..Mr. FishesTooClose I presume? Ya sure you don't want to just fish in my house?"

yeah i do .. sure surprised me when it spit that track ,, got a spare thou ,, just need to get into buddys shop to get it going again.. i may be fishing later today Buck out in that area we talked about be ,, look me up there ,, will have the old green chev out there if i am. heck i might not even work on the sled this weekend and do it the following one .. Mcbrides is doing a total remodel ,, and yep put the girl out of work till it is done ,, she ok with that ,, she now just drives into dads wallet lol

geesh look how fast things change ,,, Buck i am able to get into my buddys shop today ,, should be up and running by 5 we think smile.gifsmile.gif

I won't be able to find you today no matter where & what you're doing rockhard. Gotta take the little lady out tonight...she's got to work on V-day. Man, talk about driving into wallet!

I'll make a lake run on Saturday...see if find you out and about. I'll be the idiot on a black XC SP; orange Reima jacket.

------------------
"Hi..Mr. FishesTooClose I presume? Ya sure you don't want to just fish in my house?"

Buck , in about 1hour i will be in the area that we talked about b4 where you called me a dog hahaha. remeber that old truck? and yep got the sled going again YIPPEEEEEE ! grin.gif
drop in if ya see me