• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

anyone else get broken into?

Clearwater Lake sometime last week after it snowed some ****less piece of monkey **** broke into our house. If anyone hears of anybody getting busted for breaking into fish houses, especially Clearwater, please contact me and I will give a new meaning to the term "vigilante justice".

Hey Farley, we were both posting similar topics at the same time. With about the same reaction. I talked with the Wright County Sherrifs office and he said that hehad 10 reported on sylvia/twin and that "about every house on Francis had been hit". He also mentioned that they very seldom catch these people but would make note of it just in case they had somebody to pin the crime to. Really ticks you off doesnt it? Too bad there is no workable solution to this problem. I had to spend most of the day yesterday fixing up my house, not fishing, and will probalby have to buy a new door since it is so mauled. On the other hand I hate to spend the $ on a new door just so some dic*ad can bust it again. Whats a guy to do? Did you lose anything or was it just vandalism?

------------------
I fish, therefore I am.

Sorry to hear your story Guys, you cant trust anyone. They ruin it for everyone, I hope someone gets caught. I have a house on wheels and I used to leave it out but no more it comes home each night. HAD A 4X8 STOLEN ON WACONIA ONE YEAR. UGH

They took just about everything they could grab. My buddies 4" TV, two radios (the only, and I mean ONLY time I have ever left my CD player in the fish house), chisel, wrench, stool, scooper, a lake map?, and for some dumb reason the harness we use to hook up the battery from the car for power???? All it is is two wires with jumper cable style clips on the ends and it plugs into an outlet on the outside wall. I have no idea what they will use it for. So, we really didn't have much out there worth anything besides the radio and tv If anyone tries to sell you a sony cd player with a broken antenna, get it and I'll buy it back for double the price if you can get the name of the guy. Write a check for it and cancel the check for all I care, I just want his name.
I would give anything to have been inside the house when they kicked through that door. I guarentee you they wouldn't have walked away from that ordeal.
I could tell by the tracks it was a full size truck but they took the plowed road so I couldnt follow the tracks. That was the only smart thing they did.
My uncles fish house has been broken into twice this year, once on French and the last time was out on Sylvia, just this last weekend I think. They just left to go have a drink and something to eat at South Haven or Kingston, came back and all their stuff was gone. I tell you what, I'd hate to be the sorry SOB that took his stuff, he'd do a lot more damage than I would, and I wouldve beat them like a red-headed stepchild.

"Take note when these break-ins occurred (i.e; weeknight, Sunday night, weekday morning, etc.) if you can. Then, if you have the time, go out to your houses...and wait for 'em.
Some guys did this on Mille Lacs (a few years ago), when they figured a pattern to some break-ins. They surprised the bandits, when they opened the door to a dark fishhouse. The guys surprised the thieves with a shotgun in the face (which I do not recommend!)...made them squeal like babies and confess to the whereabouts of all their lost possessions, while waiting for the police. Rather violent and dangerous but extremely effective! These idiots have no respect, whatsoever, for other people's hard-earned property, and take issue with people enjoying themselves and expecting a little respect and decency...I too, am sick of this crap." -- Andy

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 02-02-2004).]

Farley .. email me [email protected]... give me location of your house , i am on clearwater **** close to everyday and have been knowen to spend the night on the lake . would be happy to try to keep 1/2 eye on your house or any others i happen to be fishing close to ,, but then odds are the theives are not going to touch it if i am fishing in the area .

sorry to say that i dont think it is the same guys hitting all the lakes . more than likely local puinks looking for the next way to get their fix do most of the damage .just cause 1 of the guys is not form Mn means nothing to me , like in this post or others it has been said that gthe theives dont get realy that much of value except to the owners . he would have looked for things closer to home and easier than mn lakes dont you think ?

Just to make sure you guys didn't see the message of the main board, the Glencoe police Dept. have apprehended three guys that have broken into fish houses and storage sheds. They have all kinds of recovered property, including a fish house. Contact them.