• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sugar Lake......anyone

Looking to try Sugar this weekend. Anyone have any tips or spots to give a try. North or south end of lake, and depths for waldo's and crappies. thanks guys....

Mr.BigEyes

I have been fishing this lake for 3 years. For some reason, I cannot figure out the walleyes. I have tried many different presentations and techniques, but I'll admit it, I struggle on this lake. I would start out from the south access and work normal "whalleye" depths. Good luck!

I just started fishin this lake this year, and have been pretty succesfull for the eyes.
I have some luck (early Ice)on the 2 humps near the south/west access. Much bettr luck fishing on the humps of the bar that runs up the middle. Usually better on the north end of the bar, where you gotta search to find the good "eye" depth. 15-20 ft. The South end of the bar was alright at best, there is an awful lot of moss on the hard bottom at the south end of the bar, and that isn't much to my liking. Good luck, and have some tiny minnows just in case (even waxy's for eyes is smart).

I haven't hit this lake for the crappies yet, but I know that there has to be a fair pop. of them here, I would imagine that the bay to the north and along the North shore in the South/west end of the lake are the best spots. Any feedback on this?.

by the way, I use C & R almost always. I get all I can eat from a lil favorite lake elswhere that I fish. Good fishin to all